A vacancy has arisen for a Team Security Operative.
Head of Team Security
To assist in the provision of security to the AFC Bournemouth team/management.
You will work as part of a team to ensure effective security is provided to our players, management and infrastructure. This will include the assessment of threats, vulnerabilities and risks and the maintenance of secure environments to minimise those risks.
You will be expected to travel with the team throughout the United Kingdom (UK) and internationally. A strong team ethic and effective communication skills are essential.
Responsibilities and duties
- Ensure the security, safety and well-being of the AFC Bournemouth team, management and associated infrastructure.
- Protect the team and management from crime including theft, assault and issues that could lead to reputational damage and or the loss of intellectual property.
- Respond to emergencies involving the team and management and provide assistance where necessary.
- Escort the team when in transit and ensure security is visibly maintained.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with team security from opposing clubs to ensure effective security is maintained when hosting or travelling to away fixtures.
- Develop and maintain a professional and effective relationship with relevant external organisations as required, i.e. the police dedicated football officer (DFO).
Qualifications and skills
- Strong literacy and communications skills both verbal and written.
- Have a personal fitness regime to support the functions of a security operative.
- Previous security or law enforcement experience is desirable.
- Experienced in the use of the National Decision Model (NDM) or equivalent decision-making paradigm both in theory and practical application.
- Be computer literate including Microsoft Office
- Experience of close protection operations is desirable.
- To hold or be prepared to work towards the necessary regulatory requirements of the SIA.
All enquiries and CVs to be forwarded to: [email protected].
Closing Date: 6th September 2019.
AFC Bournemouth is an equal opportunities employer and ensures that staff and volunteers are able to achieve their full potential. Employment decisions are taken without reference to irrelevant or discriminatory criteria. We particularly encourage applications from the following under-represented groups to join the AFC Bournemouth family:
- Individuals from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds
The club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment