icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow accessibility icon account-off icon account-on icon arrow-left icon arrow-right icon attack icon chevron-down icon chevron-left icon chevron-right icon chevron-up icon Combined Shape Created with Sketch. cross icon defence icon icon_disallowed_goal email icon facebook icon giphy icon google icon instagram icon linkedin icon lock icon messenger icon padlock icon Svg Vector Icons : http://www.onlinewebfonts.com/icon Panel Created with Sketch. Pattern Created with Sketch. pinterest icon Icon_PlayButton Created with Sketch. plus-thin icon plus icon Created with Sketch. Created with Sketch. search icon soundcloud icon sub-in icon sub-out icon tweet icon twitter icon icon_user__out icon_user_out vimeo icon whatsapp icon icon_start_stop youtube icon


Under-18s progress to FA Youth Cup fifth round


AFC Bournemouth AFC Bournemouth

AFC Bournemouth Under-18s sealed their place in the fifth round of the FA Youth Cup with an impressive 2-0 victory over Queens Park Rangers at Vitality Stadium on Wednesday night.

Alan Connell’s side dominated the tie in front of 891 home supporters, and progressed thanks to a goal in each half from Daniel Adu Adjei and Noa Boutin.

The Cherries flew out of the blocks and were in front within three minutes as full-back Finn Tonks burst into space on the right flank and found Adu Adjei with a low cross, which the striker poked underneath QPR keeper Matteo Salamon for his 11th goal of the season.

The goal set the tone for a one-sided encounter in which home goalkeeper Ollie Camis wasn’t forced to make a save until the 87th minute.

Though the visitors settled after their early setback, it was the Cherries who looked more likely to score next, with Tonks, Ben Winterburn and Michael Dacosta Gonzalez particularly catching the eye.

And it was Dacosta Gonzalez who nearly doubled the advantage on two occasions on the stroke of half time. First, he showed quick feet to make space and shoot left footed from 20 yards, forcing Salamon to scramble across his goal to smother wide on 44 minutes.

Then in first half stoppage time, he was played in after a neat interchange between Adu Adjei and Winterburn and fired a left footed shot across goal from just inside the box. However, Salamon was one had once more to foil the winger, getting down quickly to his left to push clear and keep the deficit to one goal going into the break.

QPR started the second half well and enjoyed long periods of possession, but struggled to create any clear cut chances in the face of a solid Cherries backline marshalled by captain Owen Bevan.

The hosts regained control on the hour mark and created a number of chances to double their lead with Winterburn, Adu Adjei and Marcus Daws going close.

But it was Boutin who sealed the win on 76 minutes, breaking clear just inside the QPR half and driving into the box where he had time to pick his spot and hammer home past Salamon.

With legs tiring on both sides, the hosts stood firm to see out the victory in front of a delighted home crowd which included Jefferson Lerma, Leif Davis and Chris Mepham.

The Cherries will play either Leicester City take on Crewe Alexandra in the next round.

Breaking News