icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow accessibility icon account-off icon account-on icon arrow-left icon arrow-right icon attack icon chevron-down icon chevron-left icon chevron-right icon chevron-up icon Combined Shape Created with Sketch. cross icon defence icon icon_disallowed_goal email icon facebook icon giphy icon google icon instagram icon linkedin icon lock icon messenger icon padlock icon Svg Vector Icons : http://www.onlinewebfonts.com/icon Panel Created with Sketch. Pattern Created with Sketch. pinterest icon Icon_PlayButton Created with Sketch. plus-thin icon plus icon Created with Sketch. Created with Sketch. search icon soundcloud icon sub-in icon sub-out icon tweet icon twitter icon icon_user__out icon_user_out vimeo icon whatsapp icon icon_start_stop youtube icon


U18s pick up first win of the season


AFC Bournemouth AFC Bournemouth

AFC Bournemouth under-18s picked up their first win of the season against Swindon in the Youth Alliance League this morning.

Euan Pollock and Jake Adams were on the scoresheet at Canford in what was a convincing win for Alan Connell’s side.

Josh Clarke got the nod in between the sticks, while new recruit Marcus Daws started out wide for the hosts.

The game got off to a quick start, with Jake Adams being brought down inside the box within six minutes and the referee being given no option but to point to the spot.

Euan Pollock stepped up and found the corner with a low effort, leaving Swindon ‘keeper Charlie Lawrence little chance.

The Cherries continued to threaten, Pollock at the forefront again, bringing it forward and playing in Matt Burgress, whose effort crashed against the side netting.

Asani Burchall, who was stepping up from the under-16s, was next to try his luck, Pollock once more the provider with a superb cross, but the youngster couldn’t quite get the touch it needed.  

Connell’s side certainly weren’t short of chances and another came about on the half-hour mark after Burgess found Adams in space. Lawrence, however, claimed the shot with ease.

Up the other end of the pitch, Swindon looked for an opening but their first opportunity at goal came through captain Harry Parsons, who drove a shot from 20-yards right into the hands of Clarke.

After the interval, the Robins were first to break forward as they looked for a route back into the game.

Nevertheless, Connell’s youngsters defended well and William King was forced to shoot wayward from range, after there was no way through the back four.

The hosts soon found their rhythm and chances came aplenty. First, Burchall played a delightful through-ball on the volley to Pollock, who couldn’t quite get a shot away, before the forward went on to hit the side-netting from a tight angle after knocking it over Lawrence.

The Cherries possession soon paid off, with an excellent team goal on the break catching Swindon out.

Pollock, received it out on the right and lifted his head to see Adams bearing down on goal, the forward unselfishly squaring for his teammate, who took a touch and finished neatly.

One more opportunity did present itself before the final whistle and it came the way of Burchall, but the winger couldn’t direct home Pollock’s low cross to add a third.

Alan Connell’s side are next in action on Friday, as they look to continue their unbeaten start away at Forest Green Rovers. The match will be played behind closed doors. 


Breaking News