icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow accessibility icon account-off icon account-on icon arrow-left icon arrow-right icon attack icon chevron-down icon chevron-left icon chevron-right icon chevron-up icon Combined Shape Created with Sketch. cross icon defence icon icon_disallowed_goal email icon facebook icon giphy icon google icon instagram icon linkedin icon lock icon messenger icon padlock icon Svg Vector Icons : http://www.onlinewebfonts.com/icon Panel Created with Sketch. Pattern Created with Sketch. pinterest icon Icon_PlayButton Created with Sketch. plus-thin icon plus icon Created with Sketch. Created with Sketch. search icon soundcloud icon sub-in icon sub-out icon tweet icon twitter icon icon_user__out icon_user_out vimeo icon whatsapp icon icon_start_stop youtube icon


U18s claim impressive Fulham draw


AFC Bournemouth AFC Bournemouth

The under-18s earned a 1-1 draw with Fulham in strong showing in their friendly on Wednesday.

Striker Jake Adams continued his hot streak with a brilliantly taken goal in a first half where the Cherries controlled for long periods against their category one visitors.

With the older players rested for the second half, the tide turned with the away side seizing the momentum and equalising, goalkeeper Billy Terrell making some good saves late on to ensure Bournemouth claimed a draw.

The Cherries took the lead in style inside 20 minutes when Adams added to his weekend winner against Leyton Orient with a brilliant strike.

Marcus Daws played the ball to the feet of his captain, who took a touch 24 yards from goal before firing a stunning effort directly into the far top corner.

From a corner, a combination of Cherries attackers bundled the ball just wide before Matt Burgess fired narrowly wide, the Cherries well on top at the half-hour mark.

Billy Terrell got down low to comfortably save a 20-yard strike, the ‘keeper’s first call into the action as Fulham had a rare foray forwards.

Daws pulled a low effort just wide from the edge of the area, Burgess soon forcing the Cottagers’ ‘keeper into a diving stop from a free-kick just before the teams went into the break, the Cherries still ahead.

After the restart Fulham had their best chance yet, Terrell making a good sprawling save to deny the first effort, the rebound being put over from close range with the goal open.

Daws had a double opportunity, his first shot blocked before his second was claimed by the ‘keeper.

A handball just beyond the line of the penalty gave Bournemouth an opportunity from a free-kick, Burgess drilling low but agonisingly the wrong side of the upright.

The visitors were level, however, when the ball was worked across the box, ending with a strong low finish into the corner.

The Cottagers were now on top while the Cherries' side became even younger after a number of substitutions.

Terrell stood firm to block a fierce strike away, Fulham looking for a late winner at Canford Arena, while he handled well as his goal came under increasing pressure.

Another away shot slid wide for the away side in the dying moments but the Cherries were able to see the match out as the referee signaled for full time.

Breaking News