The latest culinary inspiration from the AFC Bournemouth Hospitality & Events team is a delicious savoury dish.
Perfect served on a bed of couscous with some green leaves, these stuffed mushrooms, which can also be made as a vegan version, are sure to impress anyone they're served to!
Ingredients (for one portion)
- One large portobello mushroom
- A quarter of a red onion
- A small handful of pine nuts
- Olive oil
- Grated parmesan cheese
To make this recipe vegan use a small handful of breadcrumbs, preferably grated stale bread.
Optional – a few pieces of parsley to garnish
- Preheat oven to 190c/gas mark 5
- If you prefer to peel the outside of the mushroom first, you can do so by going from the top of the mushroom down and all the way round
- Brush the outside of the mushroom with olive oil and season, then bake in the oven on a baking tray stalk side up for 12 to 15 minutes
- Meanwhile, pan fry the onion in a splash of oil over a medium heat for about three minutes
- Add the breadcrumbs (if cooking the vegan version), pine nuts and a little more olive oil, then season with salt and pepper and fry for a few more minutes until the breadcrumbs are golden brown
- Add the spinach and cook for 30 seconds until wilted
- Once all your items are prepared fill the baked mushroom with the spinach mix, sprinkle with parmesan (if using) and add the parsley to finish
- Serve and enjoy!