This week's recipe from the AFC Bournemouth Hospitality and Events team makes for a vegan meal that can be enjoyed by the whole family.
With the sun set to be out over the weekend, this recipe would be delightfully served at home or outside if you're lucky enough to have a patio.
Ingredients, per portion:
- 1 x Yellow pepper (Halved length ways & deseeded)
- Handful tinned red kidney beans
- 1 x Teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 1 x Spring onion (Roughly chopped)
- 3 x Teaspoon couscous
- 3 x Teaspoon water
- Olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 190°c / Gas mark 5
- Put the pepper halves side up onto roasting try then drizzle them with olive oil and season with a pinch of salt
- Roast for about 15 minutes until softened
- Meanwhile, pan fry the kidney beans in a splash of olive oil over a medium heat, with the ground cumin and a pinch of salt and pepper, for a few minutes until they start to pop
- Add the chilli flakes and spring onions then cook for a couple more minutes
- Remove from the heat and add the couscous, stirring to coat in the infused cumin oil
- Add the water and mix together then leave for a few minutes for the couscous to plump up
- Taste and season if needed, then stuff the roast pepper halves with the filling and serve!