Whatever the weather, try out this delicious and unique lemonade recipe at home, direct from the AFC Bournemouth Hospitality & Events team.
- 2 large lemons
- 200ml still water
- Sugar to taste
- A small handful of juniper berries (crushed)
- 4 Sherbet lemons (crushed)
- Juice the two lemons into a small saucepan, getting as much out as possible and leaving a small slice as a garnish
- Crush the sherbet lemons with a mortar and pestle until they have formed a fine powder.
- Add the water and juniper berries to the pan
- Add sugar to your liking, we used around two-and-a-half table spoons
- Gently heat the saucepan and bring to a simmer whilst stirring so the sugar dissolves and the flavours infuse
- Strain the mixture into an ice filled cocktail shaker or large screw top jar and shake until nice and cold
- Fine strain into an ice filled glass
- Garnish with a slice of lemon and dust with the sherbet lemon powder