Try this week's delicious club recipe, a Mango and Pomegranate Salad.
- 1 Lettuce of your choice - We like a mix of spinach, rocket and mizuna baby leaf
- 1 Mango
- 1-2 Red onion (depending on size)
- 10-15g Ginger
- 1 Chilli
- 1 Lemon
- Olive oil
- 1 Pomegranate
- Black sesame seeds
- Firstly, wash and dry your lettuce then mix the leaves together if you are using a variety.
- Cut the pomegranate into quarters and remove the seeds.
- Remove the pepper from the pan pop it in a dish to the side to allow it to cool.
- Top and tail your onions, cut into wedges and pan fry until lightly coloured. You can also add a little honey if you want to sweeten then onion. Tip - When cutting be careful not to take too much root off so that it holds together.
- Remove from the heat and keep to the side.
- Finely dice or grate your ginger and finely chop your chilli then gently fry in the same pan. Add a little extra oil to the pan which will also be used as your dressing.
- Once the ginger and chilli are softened and lightly coloured, zest your lemon and add juice to the pan allowing to reduce slightly.
- Add a tablespoon of honey (or two if you prefer sweeter) then allow it to dissolve by gently stirring into the oil.
- Now add your lemon zest, remove from the heat and allow to cool and steep.
- Place the onion, pomegranate and leaves into a mixing bowl and gently toss together - Any juices from your pepper/onion can be poured into your dressing too.
- Place in serving dish then stir your dressing and generously drizzle over your salad to serve. We feel this salad is served best whilst the onion is still slightly warm.
- Sprinkle over the sesame seeds to give that finishing touch.