This Friday's recipe from the AFC Bournemouth Hospitality and Events team is a delicious post-dinner treat.
With the weekend just around the corner, this recipe for a lemon posset will bring some zest to your dessert.
900ml (1.5 pints), Double cream
250g (9oz), Caster sugar
Zest and juice of three lemons
- Add the cream, sugar, lemon juice and zest into a pan then bring to the boil and continue to boil for three minutes
- Take the mixture of the heat and leave to cool slightly then pass the mix through a sieve and divide into six glasses
- Place the glasses into the fridge for at least two hours (it is better to leave it overnight where possible)
- To serve, you can add the rind from your lemon or you can pour five millilitres of single cream on top of the posset or a lightly sweetened cream to balance the richness
- For lime posset, use four or five limes dependent on their size
- For orange posset, you will need to squeeze three oranges and reduce the juice by half then add the cream along with the zest. For a deeper flavour you can also add one or two tablespoons of marmalade to the mix