icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow accessibility icon account-off icon account-on icon arrow-left icon arrow-right icon attack icon chevron-down icon chevron-left icon chevron-right icon chevron-up icon Combined Shape Created with Sketch. cross icon defence icon icon_disallowed_goal email icon facebook icon giphy icon google icon instagram icon linkedin icon lock icon messenger icon padlock icon Svg Vector Icons : http://www.onlinewebfonts.com/icon Panel Created with Sketch. Pattern Created with Sketch. pinterest icon Icon_PlayButton Created with Sketch. plus-thin icon plus icon Created with Sketch. Created with Sketch. search icon soundcloud icon sub-in icon sub-out icon tweet icon twitter icon icon_user__out icon_user_out vimeo icon whatsapp icon icon_start_stop youtube icon

Development Squad

Cook & Marcondes in action for Development Squad


AFC Bournemouth AFC Bournemouth

Lewis Cook and Emiliano Marcondes both played 90 minutes for the Development Squad in a 1-1 friendly draw with Wycombe Wanderers on Tuesday.

Taking place at the Chairboys' Adams Park home, Cook came through his second 90-minute match inside seven days after doing similarly against Southampton last Wednesday.

Goalless at the break, Wanderers were ahead early in the second period when their trialist striker found the net, the Cherries level within two minutes when Nathan Moriah-Welsh pounced to turn home a 'keeper fumble from a corner. 

Cook began the game as he continues his rehab from his serious knee injury, while there were also minutes from the off for Marcondes and, in goal, Orjan Nyland.

Chris Forino headed over the bar from a cross as the match began in determined fashion, the home side also fielding first-team players looking to impress.

Oliver Pendlebury blazed over from a tight angle for the home side, Moriah-Welsh looking to thread a ball through to Aaron Roberts as the teams remained closely matched past the midway point of the opening period.

Tjay De Barr found himself with room in the Cherries' area but volleyed well over, a minute later a flowing Wanderers move down the left ending with the same player getting a shot in, though wastefully dragging the ball wide.

Moriah-Welsh went the closest yet to giving the visitors the lead when he slashed a shot into the side netting, Nyland busy at the other end when he saved well to his left to keep out Max Ram's header.

Chairboys 'keeper Adam Przybek was brave in diving at the feet of Brennan Camp to block a close-range shot after a corner rebounded around the area, the teams soon returning down the tunnel with the game goalless at half time.

Within minute of the restart Wycombe took the lead, the side's trialist centre-forward side footing home following a low cutback from the left.

The home lead lasted just moments, however. A corner was swung in by Ben Greenwood and while Przybek was out to claim the delivery, he could only drop it onto the toes of Moriah-Welsh who smuggled the ball home from close range.

The friendly settling into a familiar rhythm, Greenwood struck a low drive that deflected calmly for Przybek to gather.

Wycombe went close when David Wheeler's looping header bounced off the top of the bar and behind, the game remaining fiercely competitive past the hour mark.

Under-18s players Daniel Adu-Adjei and Marcus Daws came on inside the final 20 minutes for the visitors, while De Barr lined up a shot that was comfortably saved by Nyland with the result remaining in the balance into the closing stages.

Wheeler had a half chance to win it when the ball dropped in his direction, the midfielder unable to hit the target - at the other end Luke Nippard slashing a shot well over the bar from outside the box.

Later still, a flighted ball over found Adu-Adjei's run, the young striker controlling well but unable to beat the outrushing Przybek with his finish, the game soon ending all square.

Photos supplied courtesy of Wycombe Wanderers.

Breaking News