AFC Business are teaming up with BCHA Liberty Project and The Safer Poole Partnership to deliver a complimentary workshop focusing on modern day slavery and human trafficking.
The free event starts at 9am on Thursday 30th November at Vitality Stadium.
The modern slavery workshop, delivered by BCHA Liberty Project and the Safer Poole Partnership, will focus on the role of human trafficking as the fastest growing crime globally - because the risks are low and the profits are high.
Furthermore, very few people are brought to justice who have recruited, trafficked and exploited people.
Unlike drugs or guns which have one off or limited use after purchase, if you purchase a man, woman or child you can exploit them once, twice or over a series of years.
This workshop will provide awareness and basic training on:
- What human trafficking and modern slavery is
- How victims are being exploited in our communities with examples of premises being used
- What it looks like and the risk indicators to look out for in employees and supply chains
- The reporting process if you suspect exploitation or trafficking
- The support available for victims
To book onto this free event please click here.
The event will include networking opportunities, tea, coffee and a pastry.