Our latest club recipe is here and it's a special vegetarian dish today!
- 1 Tsp Olive oil
- 2x Onions (diced)
- 280g carrots (Grated)
- 2 Tsp Chilli powder
- 800g Tinned chopped tomatoes
- 800g Tinned lentils and mixed beans (drained)
- 6x Wholemeal tortillas
- 50g Grated cheese
- A few handfuls of rocket leaves
You can add some mince at the start if you'd rather have the dish with meat.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan on a medium heat and cook the onions and carrots for 5-10 minutes until they are soft
- Add the chilli powder and cook for a further minute to coat
- Add the tomatoes and pulses to the pan and bring the mixture to the boil
- Turn the heat down to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring throughout to make sure it doesn’t stick to the pan. Once it’s thickened then remove from the heat and add a bit of salt and pepper if required
- Turn the grill onto a high heat
- Spread out the tortillas onto the side, then add a few tablespoons of the mixture into each
- Roll the tortillas up and place them together in an ovenproof dish
- Pour the remainining mixture over the top of the tortillas
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top and then place the dish under the grill for 5 minutes or until the cheese has started turning golden
- Once cooked, plate up and serve! You can always add some rocket to serve
Contains gluten & milk.
Please ensure you check the label on any store boought items as allergens may vary with different supplies.