Take a look at our latest club recipe, which is a delicious massaman lamb curry with coconut and peanuts.
Please note, this recipe serves four people.
- 1x Large onion (Sliced)
- 1x Tablespoon of sunflower oil
- 2 Tablespoons Massaman Thai curry paste
- 1kg Shoulder of lamb (Diced)
- 400ml Coconut milk
- 150ml Lamb stock (stock cube is fine)
- 350g Potatoes (Cut into large chunks)
- 75g Roasted Peanuts
Thai-style fragrant rice
- 1 ½ Cups of Jasmine rice
- 1 ½ Cups of Water
- 1 ½ Cups of Coconut milk
- 2x Teaspoon of ginger (minced)
- 2 Teaspoons of soy sauce
- 1x Plump Lemongrass stalk (tender white inner bulb only, minced)
- 15x Fresh curry leaves (chopped)
- 15x Thai basil leaves (chopped)
Method – Curry
- Firstly, heat the sunflower oil in a large pan then add the sliced onions and cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in the curry paste and cook for a further two minutes.
- Add the lamb and cook for 5-6 minutes until lightly browned and coated in the curry paste.
- Pour in the coconut milk and stock, stir then cover and simmer for at least an hour, continuing to stir occasionally.
- Add the potatoes and simmer for a further 30 mins, until both the lamb and the potatoes are tender
- Stir in the peanuts.
- Finish with a generous bunch of coriander, chopped and stirred when ready to serve.
Method – Rice
- Firstly rinse the rice under cold water.
- Combine the rice, water, coconut milk, ginger, soy sauce, lemongrass, and curry leaves in a saucepan and stir together well.
- Put this over a medium hear and bring to the boil.
- One boiling, reduce the heat to low and simmer uncovered until rice is tender (this will take about ten minutes).
- Fold the basil into the rice. Serve immediately.
Contains nuts and peanuts, may contain sea same and soya. The rice may contain gluten, depending on which brand you use. Please ensure you check the label on any store brought items as allergens may vary with different supplies.