This is a strong and classic cocktail that every whisky lover should try! A perfect nightcap, especially for those summer evenings.
Have a look at how to make it below!
- Bourbon whisky
- Extra dry vermouth
- Sweet rosso vermouth
- Angostura bitters
- Maraschino cherries
- One cocktail stick
- The peel of an orange
- Ice cubes
- Quarter fill a cocktail shaker with ice cubes.
- Express the oil from some orange zest into the shaker. You can do this by twisting the orange peel and then adding this to the shaker to infuse the flavour and remove the oils.
- Add 50ml of Bourbon into the shaker.
- Add 12.5ml of sweet Vermouth.
- Add 12.5ml of Extra Dry Vermouth.
- Add two dashes of Angostura Bitters.
- Stir all the ingredients in the shaker with a bar spoon, for around ten seconds. This not only chills the drink but helps to dilute the alcohol as well.
- Fine strain into a martini glass and serve with two Maraschino cherries on a cocktail stick.
- Serve and enjoy!