Our latest club recipe for you to try at home is our lamb tagine.
- Two tbsp olive oil
- 500g lean diced lamb
- One large onion, roughly chopped
- Two large carrots, quartered lengthways and cut into chunks
- Two garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Two tbsp ras-el-hanout spice mix
- 400g can chopped tomato
- 400g can chickpea, rinsed and drained
- 200g dried apricot
- 600ml chicken stock
- 120g pack pomegranate seeds
- Two large handfuls coriander, roughly chopped
- Rice or Cous Cous
Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
Heat the olive oil in a casserole dish and brown the lamb on all sides.
Scoop the lamb out onto a plate, then add the onion and carrots and cook for two-to-three minutes until golden.
Add the garlic and cook for one minute more.
Stir in the spices and tomatoes, and season.
Tip the lamb back in with the chickpeas and apricots.
Pour over the stock, stir and bring to a simmer.
Cover the dish and place in the oven for one hour.
If the lamb is still a little tough, give it 20 mins more until tender.
When ready, leave it to rest so it’s not piping hot, then serve scattered with pomegranate and herbs, with couscous or rice of your choice.
Allergens – This recipe contains celery, gluten & sulphites.
Please ensure you check the ingredients on any store brought items to make sure they are suitable for any dietary requirements.