Our latest club recipe is perfect for those supporters who are doing Veganuary, with our glass noodle stir fry free of meat and even gluten free too!
It serves four people and is easy to whip together, so give it a go by following the instructions below.
- 250g glass (cellophane) noodles
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- 1 Tablespoon tamarind paste (or 2 limes, juiced)
- 2 Tablespoons palm sugar (or soft brown sugar)
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2 Spring onions, thinly sliced on a diagonal
- 1 Red chilli, sliced
- 100g Beansprouts
- 30g Salted peanuts (roughly chopped, to serve)
- 1 Small courgette (cut into thin matchsticks)
- 1 Red pepper (cut into thin matchsticks)
- 2 Small carrots (cut into thin matchsticks)
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Salt & pepper to season
- In a large bowl of hot water, soak the glass noodles until they become soft and bend (about 15 minutes) then drain well, shaking off any excess water. Using kitchen scissors, cut the glass noodles into 4-inch lengths.
- Mix the soy sauce or tamari, tamarind or lime juice and sugar together
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok. Fry the garlic, spring onions, chilli, courgette, pepper and carrots
- Season with salt and pepper
- Then, add the noodles and beansprouts and fry for an extra couple of minutes
- Pour over the sauce and mix thoroughly to coat everything
- Once everything is heated through, season and divide between four bowls. Scatter with the nuts and serve with lime wedges to squeeze over
Contains soy & wheat- Please ensure you check the label on any store brought items as allergens may vary with different supplies.