An opportunity has arisen for a ticketing manager to join the club.
Title: Ticketing manager
Reports to: Operations director
About AFC Bournemouth
AFC Bournemouth is a family and community club. We strive to deliver a professional, friendly and welcoming approach in all areas of the club.
With a small backroom operation, you will be joining a tight knit group who pride themselves on hard work, passion and togetherness.
- Lead the AFC Bournemouth ticketing team, with a focus on excellent standards of customer service.
- Act as a line manager for the ticketing team, providing training and feedback to ensure that all members of the ticketing team have a strong knowledge of the systems, policies and processes required for the smooth running of the department.
- Oversight of all accounting and financial operations of the ticket office including cash handling, record keeping, invoicing and reporting functions working closely with the finance department.
- Provide regular reporting to the operations director on sales numbers and financial risks (unbalanced orders, released tickets and refunds).
- Deliver a fully integrated ticketing strategy for all AFC Bournemouth ticketed events, working closely with hospitality, commercial (seasonal hospitality and AFC Business), marketing and communications functions to drive revenue, profit and supporter engagement.
- Propose ticketing policies and procedures that drive supporter engagement and mitigate risks to the football club.
- To have an excellent understanding and knowledge of the requirements of a Championship ticketing department and ensure that the AFC Bournemouth ticketing department meet these requirements.
- Work with communications and marketing to ensure that all ticketing information is communicated clearly and accurately, increasing supporter engagement and improving customer service.
- Monitor the TeamCard access control system and ensure that the system and related software is working to provide a smooth ingress to Vitality Stadium for all supporters.
- Understand and be one of the first points of contact for any ticketing system requirements or queries, working closely with the ticketing systems administrator.
- Act as the point of escalation for any ticketing enquiries.
- Obligation to adhere to the club’s health and safety policy and procedures.
- Ensure that you follow and actively promote the club’s equality policies and practices to ensure a welcoming, safe and inclusive environment for everyone engaged with the club.
- Experience of working in a football or other sports ticketing environment in a leadership capacity.
- Experience managing and developing a team.
- Create and manage a dynamic ticketing environment.
- Calm under pressure with excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Using individual initiative.
- Good relationship builder with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Quick learner.
In return for your hard work and commitment to us, you will receive a competitive reward package which will include, but is not limited to:
- Free onsite parking.
- Season ticket.
- Discounts at the club Superstore.
- Contribution towards eye tests and glasses.
- Discounts and benefits from partners and local businesses.
- Club pension scheme.
- Life assurance scheme.
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] by 13th October 2021.
AFC Bournemouth is an equal opportunities employer and ensures that staff and volunteers are able to achieve their full potential. AFC Bournemouth values the diversity of its workforce and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community (Equality Act 2010).
We actively encourage applications from women, and individuals from black, Asian and mixed-heritage backgrounds.
For further information on accessibility within the stadium please click here.
AFC Bournemouth is committed to protecting all children, young persons, and adults at risk in its care or attending its premises and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
We strive to create a positive and safe environment and ensure all who interact with the club feel safe, protected and heard.