A vacancy has arisen for a Superstore Operations Manager to join us at AFC Bournemouth.
Title: Superstore Operations Manager
Reports to: Head of Retail
Location: Vitality Stadium
Contract: Full time, permanent
About AFC Bournemouth
AFC Bournemouth is a family and community club. We strive to deliver a professional, friendly and welcoming approach in all areas of the club. With a small backroom operation, you will be joining a tight knit group who pride themselves on hard work, passion and togetherness.
- To support the Head of Retail by managing general Superstore operations on a day-to-day basis.
- Sales and Customer Service
- Ensure the Sales and Service Model is followed.
- Drive excellent standards of customer service in store through coaching, in line with the Sales and Service Model.
- Maintain knowledge of Premier League retail trends and identify opportunities; suggest proactive business steps to maintain competitive edge, providing feedback to Head of Retail and taking action as appropriate.
- Drive the team to achieve store targets and KPI’s – sales, average Transaction Value (ATV), Items Per Transaction (IPT), Premier League Visit Football visits.
- Proactively seek feedback on store performance and contribute to a continuous improvement culture.
- Confident in solving customer problems quickly and effectively.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with ‘internal customers’ e.g. Commercial team, Ticketing team, Accounts team, Operations Director, Chief Executive and Chairman.
- Providing our customers with the right service and products so that every customer leaves inspired to enjoy supporting AFC Bournemouth.
- To ensure that any adjustments made to enhance the store experience for Match days are implemented in a timely manner.
- Monitor inbound superstore emails and respond in a timely manner ensuring consistency in service levels.
- Managing the superstore mystery shop programme to ensure monthly visits carried out and all data is reported, analysed and acted upon.
- Ensure all club policies, procedures, guidelines and checks e.g. health & safety, fire safety, Security, stock management, cash handling, stock transfers etc. are followed by self and store team.
- Accurately review/scrutinise store data and use as insight for planning.
- Manage shrinkage in store by conducting weekly stock checks and twice yearly stock takes.
- Reduce the risk to stock through vigilance on refunds, mark downs, returns, no sales and voids.
- Demonstrate effective time management, planning and organisation skills in regards to daily, weekly and monthly tasks.
- Compliance with and effective execution of retail merchandising principles including, replenishment, barcodes, pricing, POS, housekeeping etc.
- To ensure all superstore promotional POS items are ordered and in place for start of promotions. Costs to be kept in line with retail budget.
- Motivate, manage, coach and drive the team to achieve store objectives.
- Effectively communicate store information, objectives and results with team.
- Induct and train all staff members efficiently and encourage the personal development of team members.
- Effectively delegate tasks, encourage individuals to develop and increase their knowledge ensuring a multi skilled team.
- Manage team performance, identify and promote good performance and effectively deal with under-performance.
- Assist the Head of retail to ensure all staff are appraised and given regular feedback to drive performance.
- To ensure commitment to the club’s safeguarding vision and to actively promote the policies within your department, embedding safeguarding into procedures.
- Obligation to promote and monitor the club’s health and safety policy and procedures within your department.
- To ensure the club’s equality aims, action plan and policies are in evidence in all departmental actions, procedures and dealings.
- Previous retail management experience, preferably from a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent people skills with a proven track record of leading, developing and motivating a team.
- Commercial acumen.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Flexibility to work at weekends and on match days.
In return for your hard work and commitment to us, you will receive a competitive reward package which will include, but is not limited to:
- Free onsite parking.
- Season ticket and allocation of complimentary/purchased tickets.
- Subsidised lunches.
- Complimentary healthy snacks throughout the day.
- Discounts at the club superstore.
- Contribution towards eye tests and glasses.
- Discounts and benefits from partners and local businesses.
- Club pension scheme.
- Life assurance scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) by Health Assured.
- Paid parental leave (bank of five days per year).
- Christmas Party, End of Season Awards and other social events throughout the year run by our club social team.
- Paid volunteer opportunities (two days per year).
- Paid days leave on your birthday.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected] by 24th April 2022.
AFC Bournemouth is an equal opportunities employer and ensures that staff and volunteers are able to achieve their full potential. AFC Bournemouth values the diversity of its workforce and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community (Equality Act 2010).
We actively encourage applications from women, and individuals from ethnically diverse communities.
For further information on accessibility within the stadium please click here.
AFC Bournemouth is committed to protecting all children, young persons, and adults at risk in its care or attending its premises and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
For all positions where a DBS check is required, an offer of employment will be subject to receipt of satisfactory disclosure at the appropriate level.
Satisfactory references will be required for all positions, your employment will be subject to receiving appropriate referencing.
We strive to create a positive and safe environment and ensure all who interact with the club feel safe, protected, and heard.