A vacancy has arisen for a Grounds Person to join us at AFC Bournemouth.
Title: Grounds Person
Reports to: Head of Grounds
Location: Various club sites including Academy Site and Stadium (Bournemouth/Poole)
Contract: Permanent, 5 out of 7 days per week
About AFC Bournemouth
AFC Bournemouth is a family and community club. We strive to deliver a professional, friendly and welcoming approach in all areas of the club. With a small backroom operation, you will be joining a tight knit group who pride themselves on hard work, passion and togetherness.
We are looking for a skilled Grounds Person on a permanent full-time basis to join the grounds team, to be in sole charge of the clubs grounds at our Academy site at Canford Arena, but also assisting in the maintenance of the Vitality Stadium and Training Ground.
Reporting to the Head of Grounds, the successful candidate will have an enthusiasm for the industry, ambition to improve themselves and our facilities, and thrive to present the clubs playing surfaces to the highest standards.
- Manage the day-to-day work schedule of the grounds dept at the Academy.
- Managing day to day tasks of 2 other staff members.
- Prepare and repair all surfaces for training and matchdays.
- General maintenance of tools and machinery, reporting any breakdowns to the Head of Grounds.
- Liaise with coaches and staff about usage.
- Keep a maintenance record of work carried out.
- As a member of staff to ensure that you to adhere to the club’s safeguarding policies and procedures and are committed to our safeguarding values, creating a safe and positive environment for all those who interact with the club.
- Obligation to adhere to the club’s health and safety policy and procedures.
- As a member of staff to ensure in all matters you follow and actively promote the club’s equality policies and practices to ensure a welcoming, safe and inclusive environment for everyone engaged with the club.
- Qualified to a minimum of ND2 / NVQ 2 (or equivalent) in Sports Turf / Horticulture (Essential)
- Spraying certificates PA1 and PA6 (Essential)
- Industry related experience (Essential)
- Driving Licence (Essential)
- Spraying Certificate PA2 (Desirable)
The Club’s values are at the core of its staff behaviour and how they approach everything they do, therefore we are looking for someone is honest, inclusive, kind, hardworking and loyal.
In return for your hard work and commitment to us, you will receive a competitive reward package which will include, but is not limited to:
- Free onsite parking.
- Season ticket and allocation of complimentary/purchased tickets.
- Subsidised lunches and complimentary healthy snacks throughout the day.
- Discounts at the club Superstore.
- Contribution towards eye tests and glasses.
- Discounts and benefits from partners and local businesses.
- Club pension & Life Assurance Scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) by Health Assured.
- Paid parental leave (bank of five days per year).
- Christmas Party, End of Season awards and other social events throughout the year run by our club social team.
- Paid volunteer opportunities (two days per year).
- Paid day’s leave on your birthday.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected] by Tuesday 9th August.
AFC Bournemouth is an equal opportunities employer and ensures that staff and volunteers are able to achieve their full potential. AFC Bournemouth values the diversity of its workforce and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community (Equality Act 2010).
We actively encourage applications from women, and individuals from ethnically diverse communities.
For further information on accessibility within the stadium please click here.
AFC Bournemouth is committed to protecting all children, young persons, and adults at risk in its care or attending its premises and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
For all positions where a DBS check is required, an offer of employment will be subject to receipt of satisfactory disclosure at the appropriate level.
Any and all potential agreements, relationships or commitments that could be considered a conflict of interest should be disclosed upon application to this vacancy by emailing [email protected]. You will also be asked whether you have any conflicts to disclose upon receipt of your application.
Satisfactory references will be required for all positions, your eligibility to work with the club will be subject to receiving appropriate referencing.
We strive to create a positive and safe environment and ensure all who interact with the club feel safe, protected, and heard.