A vacancy has arisen for an EDI manager to join us at AFC Bournemouth.
Title: EDI Manager
Reports to: Operations Director
About AFC Bournemouth
AFC Bournemouth is a family and community club. We strive to deliver a professional, friendly and welcoming approach in all areas of the club. You will be joining a tight-knit group who pride themselves on hard work, loyalty, kindness, and inclusivity. The club is proud to have achieved the Premier League Advanced Equality Standard and continues to work within its new framework to continually improve everything we do across EDI.
- The EDI manager supports AFC Bournemouth with developing EDI across all areas of the club’s operation, including the work of AFC Bournemouth Community Sports Trust.
- Working with the operations director and head of community to develop EDI strategy and practice.
- Performing disability liaison officer and access officer duties at the club.
- Build, maintain and improve the club’s excellent reputation in respect of EDI initiatives and work.
- Identifying potential partners and managing any events, initiatives and campaigns that help the club to achieve its equality targets and objectives.
- Devising, quality assuring and facilitating relevant training, education and support sessions for key stakeholders, together with some in-house delivery.
- Managing EDI monitoring, analysis of data and subsequent reporting staff, supporters and outreach participants and assisting with the creation of the annual EDI report.
- Supporting the commercial director with the club’s charity policy by building charity partner relationships, delivering partnership activations and managing associated PR.
- Planning and delivering themed matchdays and managing the equality tickets initiative as part of the club’s commitment to a positive match experience for all.
- Organising all meetings with equality champions (staff) and equality focus group (supporters).
- Representing AFC Bournemouth with internal and external stakeholders, working groups and conferences, positively engaging and informing on the club’s strategy and activities.
- Ensuring that the club and Community Sports Trust, in all practices and procedures, meet legal requirements and governing body guidelines.
- Obligation to adhere to the club’s health and safety policy and procedures.
- As a member of staff to ensure in all matters you follow and actively promote the club’s equality policies and practices to ensure a welcoming, safe and inclusive environment for everyone engaged with the club.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent people skills.
- While one year or more experience in an EDI role within a sports environment is preferred, experience and knowledge in other environments will be considered.
- Passion for EDI and a comprehensive knowledge of the subject.
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office and the ability to effectively analyse and report on different data sources.
- Quick learner.
- Supportive and confident approach to representing the club’s EDI values and objectives both internally and with external stakeholders with a view to building positive and resilient relationships.
In return for your hard work and commitment to us, you will receive a competitive reward package which will include, but is not limited to:
- Free onsite parking.
- Season ticket.
- Discounts at the club superstore.
- Contribution towards eye tests and glasses.
- Discounts and benefits from partners and local businesses.
- Club pension scheme.
- Life assurance scheme.
How to apply
Please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected] by 3rd January 2022.
AFC Bournemouth is an equal opportunities employer and ensures that staff and volunteers are able to achieve their full potential. AFC Bournemouth values the diversity of its workforce and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community (Equality Act 2010).
We actively encourage applications from women and individuals from ethnically diverse communities.
For further information on accessibility within the stadium please click here.