A vacancy has arisen for a Development & Academy Assistant Goalkeeping Coach to join us at AFC Bournemouth.
Title: Development and Assistant Academy Goalkeeping Coach
Reports to: Development Squad Manager
Location: Various (Academy Office/Academy Training Venues)
Contract Type: Full Time - 35 hours per week across seven days
Salary: Dependant on Experience
About AFC Bournemouth
AFC Bournemouth is a family and community club. We strive to deliver a professional, friendly, and welcoming approach in all areas of the club. With a small backroom operation, you will be joining a tight knit group who pride themselves on hard work, passion, and togetherness.
This individual will also be the main coach for the Development Squad (U23) Goalkeepers and to assist the goalkeeper department in implementing the goalkeeper philosophy to the Academy and Youth Team goalkeepers.
The job holder will deliver goalkeeper sessions that directly follow the guidelines as set out, supply analytical expertise and support to all the players in their charge and deliver relevant presentations to players and fellow coaches.
Additionally, the job holder must be able to exhibit sufficient experience from working in a youth environment at a Professional Football Club. This experience must encompass knowledge from their playing and coaching.
Directly reporting to the Academy Head of Goalkeeping, the job holder must be able to present both written, visual and oral reports from coaching sessions and matches. These reports will be available for inspection at any time by the Academy Manager.
Additionally, the successful candidate will:
- Lead the coaching for the U23 Goalkeepers and arrive prior of training sessions to be totally prepared and set-up before the arrival of participating players.
- All equipment should be specific for the age group and be in a condition that is safe for the player’s usage. Any portable goals should be lifted and secured correctly to avoid any potential accident.
- The Development Squad Goalkeeping Coach must report to the Academy Head of Goalkeeping prior to any session and sign off which session will be delivered. The session planner will be placed in the PMA.
- The Development Squad Goalkeeping Coach must complete all relevant reviews. These should be dated and all learning objectives feedback should be linked to the session.
- The Development Squad Goalkeeping Coach should communicate with the coaches a daily basis and ensure that the goalkeepers are integrated into the training sessions, whilst also planning for their inclusion in session planning.
- Any concerns such as child safety, physio assessment or safeguarding, should be notified to the relevant staff.
- The Academy Goalkeeping Coach should make themselves available for players discussion at a time suitable for all parties.
- No player shall be registered or released without prior consent from the Academy Head of Goalkeeping. Any release will be done by authorisation of Academy Manager & Academy Head of Goalkeeping and should be done within the review protocols provided.
- The Development Squad Goalkeeping Coach should attend all club in-service training as part of their continuous development.
- If any coach wishes to place a complaint about any other member of staff within the Academy, this should be done in writing and given to the Academy Manager. This will remain confidential until such time as any issue found to be correct could be dealt with accordingly.
- The Development Squad Goalkeeping Coach should be willing to take on additional roles or duties if asked to do so by the Academy Manager & Head of Goalkeeping.
- The Development Squad Goalkeeping Coach must attend the coaches’ induction meeting where additional guidance notes will be given. He will also attend the Goalkeeper parents evening at the start of each season.
- As a member of staff to ensure that you to adhere to the club’s safeguarding policies and procedures and are committed to our safeguarding values, creating a safe and positive environment for all those who interact with the club.
- Obligation to adhere to the club’s health and safety policy and procedures.
- As a member of staff to ensure in all matters you follow and actively promote the club’s equality policies and practices to ensure a welcoming, safe and inclusive environment for everyone engaged with the club.
- UEFA B Licence Goalkeeping Coaching Award.
- UEFA B License Coaching Award.
- FA Youth Award (Modules 1, 2 & 3).
- Emergency First Aid in Football (EFAiF).
- Experience of working in elite sports.
- Full driving license.
- Up to date FA Safeguarding Children certificate.
- UEFA A Licence Goalkeeping Coaching Award.
- UEFA A License Coaching Award.
- FA Advanced Youth Award (Goalkeeping).
The club's values are at the core of its staff behaviour and how they approach everything they do, therefore we are looking for someone is honest, inclusive, kind, hardworking, loyal, and respectful.
In return for your hard work and commitment to us, you will receive a competitive reward package which will include, but is not limited to:
- Free onsite parking.
- Season ticket & allocation of complimentary/purchased tickets.
- Subsidised lunches & complimentary healthy snacks throughout the day.
- Discounts at the club superstore.
- Contribution towards eye tests and glasses.
- Discounts and benefits from partners and local businesses.
- Club pension & life assurance scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) by Health Assured.
- Paid parental leave (bank of five days per year).
- Discounts and benefits from partners and local businesses.
- Christmas Party and other social events throughout the year run by our club Social Team.
- Paid volunteer opportunities (two days per year).
- Paid day's leave on your birthday.
How to apply
Please email your CV & Covering Letter to [email protected] by Sunday 3rd July 2022.
AFC Bournemouth is an equal opportunities employer and ensures that staff and volunteers are able to achieve their full potential. AFC Bournemouth values the diversity of its workforce and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community (Equality Act 2010).
We actively encourage applications from women, and individuals from ethnically diverse communities.
For further information on accessibility within the stadium please click here.
AFC Bournemouth is committed to protecting all children, young persons, and adults at risk in its care or attending its premises and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
For all positions where a DBS check is required, an offer of employment will be subject to receipt of satisfactory disclosure at the appropriate level.
Any and all potential agreements, relationships or commitments that could be considered a conflict of interest should be disclosed upon application to this vacancy by emailing [email protected]. You will also be asked whether you have any conflicts to disclose upon receipt of your application.
Satisfactory references will be required for all positions, your eligibility to work with the club will be subject to receiving appropriate referencing.
We strive to create a positive and safe environment and ensure all who interact with the club feel safe, protected, and heard.