A vacancy has arisen for a data and insight manager.
Title: Data and insight manager
Reports to: Commercial director
About AFC Bournemouth
AFC Bournemouth is a family and community club. We strive to deliver a professional, friendly and welcoming approach in all areas of the club.
With a small backroom operation, you will be joining a tight knit group who pride themselves on hard work, passion and togetherness.
- Design and lead a data and insight strategy and roadmap to support business decision-making and inform strategies.
- Ensure the club is meeting GDPR and data protection regulations.
- Manage the existing data warehouse and maintain the health and relevance of all data feeds.
- Utilise data feeds/warehouse to extract reports and business intelligence to assist the business.
- Regularly archiving/cleansing of data held.
- Define requirements for effective use of the data and its infrastructure.
- Working with external agencies, suppliers and partners to ensure the successful delivery of the club’s key objectives.
- Work with all the club’s departments to ensure capturing quality data and which meets GDPR.
- Ensure that our team is always well educated with understanding the value of data and insight.
- Assist the marketing team with campaigns.
- Create and conduct on-going reports including the build of reporting dashboards.
- Analyse and present data via the use of Power BI/Tableau.
- Responsible for collecting data and analytics through various club systems (ticketing, retail, commercial, web and social).
- Obligation to adhere to the club’s health and safety policy and procedures.
- Ensure in all matters you follow and actively promote the club’s equality policies and practices to ensure a welcoming, safe and inclusive environment for everyone engaged with the club.
- Strong understanding of the social and digital space and 3+ years of experience within insight and data management.
- Experience and understanding of GDPR and data protection laws.
- Strong analytical skills for campaign performance reporting and optimising future activity.
- Cross functional working and collaboration.
- Ability to communicate and explain complex technical information to employees and non-experts.
- Financial awareness and strong data and numerical capabilities.
- Knowledge of customer segmentation technique.
- Ability to use individual initiative.
In return for your hard work and commitment to us, you will receive a competitive reward package which will include, but is not limited to:
- Free onsite parking.
- Season ticket.
- Discounts at the club Superstore.
- Contribution towards eye tests and glasses.
- Discounts and benefits from partners and local businesses.
- Club pension scheme.
- Life assurance scheme.
How to apply
Please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected] by 13th October 2021.
AFC Bournemouth is an equal opportunities employer and ensures that staff and volunteers are able to achieve their full potential. AFC Bournemouth values the diversity of its workforce and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community (Equality Act 2010).
We actively encourage applications from women, and individuals from Black, Asian and Mixed-Heritage backgrounds.
For further information on accessibility within the stadium please click here.
AFC Bournemouth is committed to protecting all children, young persons, and adults at risk in its care or attending its premises and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
We strive to create a positive and safe environment and ensure all who interact with the club feel safe, protected and heard.