We are recruiting for a Communications Assistant to come and join the team at AFC Bournemouth.
Title: Communications Assistant
Reports to: Head of Media & Communications
About AFC Bournemouth
AFC Bournemouth is a family and community club. We strive to deliver a professional, friendly and welcoming approach in all areas of the club. With a small backroom operation, you will be joining a tight knit group who pride themselves on hard work, passion and togetherness.
- Write a variety of copy for different audiences/channels to cover stories from across first team, Under 18s, Under 21s, women, commercial and community departments.
- Contribute towards the creation of content for the club’s social media channels, both at idea stage and delivery.
- Attend home matchdays as required.
- Work closely with colleagues in the department to provide comprehensive coverage of both Under 18s and Under 21s teams throughout the season.
- Development and creation of monthly AFC Bournemouth staff newsletter.
- Provide other ad hoc support to department as required.
- As a member of staff to ensure that you to adhere to the club’s safeguarding policies and procedures and are committed to our safeguarding values, creating a safe and positive environment for all those who interact with the club.
- Obligation to adhere to the club’s health and safety policy and procedures.
- As a member of staff to ensure in all matters you follow and actively promote the club’s equality policies and practices to ensure a welcoming, safe and inclusive environment for everyone engaged with the club.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Excellent writing skills with an understanding of what makes an engaging story for both club channels and external media.
- Ability to use initiative and proactively develop and deliver ideas for engaging content across club social media channels.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work to deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- An interest in developing a varied skillset across communications disciplines including content creation, copywriting, internal communications and media relations.
- Willingness to learn and take constructive feedback.
- Strong work ethic and ability to contribute to a positive team environment.
- Interest in and knowledge of football and wider sporting landscape. Experience of working in sport desirable.
In return for your hard work and commitment to us, you will receive a competitive reward package which will include, but is not limited to:
- Free onsite parking
- Season Ticket & allocation of complimentary/ purchased tickets
- Subsidised Lunches
- Complimentary healthy snacks throughout the day
- Discounts at the Club superstore
- Contribution towards eye tests and glasses
- Discounts and benefits from partners and local businesses
- Club pension scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) run by Health Assured
- Paid parental leave (bank of 5 days per year)
- Discounts and benefits from partners and local businesses. (Umbro, taylor made golf etc.)
- Christmas Party, End of Season Awards and other social events throughout the year run by our club social team
- Paid volunteer opportunities (2 days per year)
- Paid days leave on your birthday
How to Apply
Please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected]fcb.co.uk by 28th January 2022.
AFC Bournemouth is an equal opportunities employer and ensures that staff and volunteers are able to achieve their full potential. AFC Bournemouth values the diversity of its workforce and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community (Equality Act 2010).
We actively encourage applications from women, and individuals from ethnically diverse communities.
For further information on accessibility within the stadium please click here.
AFC Bournemouth is committed to protecting all children, young persons, and adults at risk in its care or attending its premises and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
We strive to create a positive and safe environment and ensure all who interact with the club feel safe, protected, and heard.
Please note, for all positions where a DBS check is required, an offer of employment will be subject to receipt of satisfactory disclosure at the appropriate level.