We have a vacancy for an apprentice groundsperson to come and join the team.
AFC Bournemouth are looking for an apprentice groundsperson initially on a 24-month contract, with an option of a full-time post at end of contract to join the grounds team, to assist in the maintenance of the clubs grounds at Vitality Stadium, training ground and Academy sites.
Reporting to the head of grounds, the successful candidate will have an enthusiasm for the industry, ambition to improve themselves, and thrive to present the clubs playing surfaces to the highest standards.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Undertake routine maintenance work of playing surfaces and landscape as detailed on work schedules or as directed by supervisor
- The safe use and operation of equipment and machinery used in surface maintenance
- Inform supervisor, where appropriate, take corrective action on mechanical defects or breakdown of equipment
- Any other duties that the head of grounds and/or your supervisor sees fit, providing that such duties are appropriate to the post
- Safety awareness in accordance with health and safety regulations the job holder is required to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of the persons who may be affected by their activities.
- As an apprentice you will, in the main, work alongside our experienced staff who will teach you how to do the wide range of jobs associated with maintaining the clubs grounds to the highest standard.
- You will be working at either of two sites which include the stadium, training ground and/or Academy pitches and you must be able to travel to these sites by your own means
- Willing to learn on the job alongside our experienced and qualified ground staff
- Maintain health and safety to you and others at all times
Activities include but are not exclusive to:
- Carrying out grass cutting, line marking, aeration, scarification, divoting, brushing, weeding, debris clearance, litter picking, pressure washing, pitch set up, hedge cutting
- Assist in the specialist maintenance of the clubs grounds
- Take part in any in-house training as deemed necessary
- Keep and maintain in good and clean condition all plant, tools and equipment belonging to the club
- To be trained on machinery used on the grounds
- Keep and maintain in good condition all plant tools and equipment used by the team
- Dealing with teams, players and/or the public who may have questions or need assistance
- You will be required to be helpful, polite and respectful towards any stakeholders of the club that you may come into contact with
- Title - level 2 sports turf operative apprenticeship
- Learning format – remote, however occasional visits to the college may be required in which you are responsible for your own travel
- For more information, please click here
How to apply:
Please email your cover letter and CV to [email protected].
11.59pm on 11th June 2021.
AFC Bournemouth is an equal opportunities employer and ensures that staff and volunteers are able to achieve their full potential. AFC Bournemouth values the diversity of its workforce and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community (Equality Act 2010).
We actively encourage applications from women, and individuals from Black, Asian and Mixed-Heritage backgrounds.
AFC Bournemouth is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
For further information on accessibility within the stadium please click here.