A vacancy has arisen within the AFC Bournemouth Academy, who are looking to recruit a senior physiotherapist to work within the club's youth set up.
Academy senior physiotherapist
Academy head of sports science and medicine
Purpose of role
The role of the Academy senior physiotherapist is to lead, in conjunction with Academy and EFL regulations, the physiotherapy programme and oversee staff within the department to ensure gold standard provision of physiotherapy to all Academy players.
The Academy senior physiotherapist will also work as part of a multidisciplinary team and will manage the medical department for the Academy providing medical care and cover for all under-nines to under-21s players within the Academy.
The Academy senior physiotherapist will be a part of the Academy management team, on behalf of the medical department. Their duties will be dependent on Academy needs and as outlined in the audit guidelines.
Various (Academy office, Canford Park Arena, Canford 3G)
Opening: Friday 6th August 2021
Closing: Wednesday 18th August 2021
Interviews: Friday 20th August 2021
- Working within a multidisciplinary team, providing access to the appropriate physiotherapy support for all players.
- Managing a group of part-time therapists to ensure all matches and training sessions have adequate first aid cover, including administration tasks such as producing a monthly rota and filing timesheets.
- Organise monthly Continuous Professional Development (CPD) events for part-time therapists.
- Responsibility for one team and the requirement to attend all training and games for this team.
- Act as a first line of contact for all players to report illness and injury to.
- Liaise with full and part-time performance and coaching staff with regards to player injuries on a daily basis.
- Maintain an accurate and in-depth injury audit throughout the Academy.
- Organise and administer age-appropriate risk profiling and injury prevention screening of all Academy players, including cardiac screening for ages 15+.
- Organise and administer age-appropriate pre-habilitation of players.
- Oversee the management and rehabilitation of acute injuries across the Academy age groups.
- Maintain medical records accurately, in a timely manner and securely on the Academy's athlete management system.
- To be available on request as a stretcher bearer for first-team home matches.
- Act as the development squad liaison with FA Whereabouts and advising players on FA doping control requirements.
- Liaise with the head of sports medicine and the head first-team physiotherapist regarding medical referrals and insurance claims.
- Accompanying players to medical appointments as required.
- Maintain stocks of medical supplies, ensuring that sufficient medical supplies and trauma equipment are available on all training sessions and matchdays.
- Attend and contribute to the in-service training programme.
- Undertake regular personal CPD.
Internal – Head of sports science and medicine, physiotherapists, sports therapists, lead phase coaches and age group coaches, all Academy heads of departments, first-team doctor and medical staff.
External – Parents, professional clubs, regulatory bodies, local universities.
- BSc (Hons) degree in physiotherapy.
- Chartered physiotherapist.
- FA Level 5 Advanced Trauma Medical Management in Football (ATMMiF).
- Experience of working with elite developing athletes in elite sporting environments.
- Evidence of Continued Professional Development (CPD) portfolio.
- MSc in physiotherapy or a variation.
Please email CV and a covering letter to [email protected] by 11.59pm on Wednesday 18th August.
The employee must always carry out their responsibilities with due regard to the AFC Bournemouth policies and procedures, health and safety, financial authorisation, confidentiality and regarding the Data Protection Act. The employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst employees and customers. The above job description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time per the changing needs of the club.
AFC Bournemouth is an equal opportunities employer and ensures that staff and volunteers are able to achieve their full potential. AFC Bournemouth values the diversity of its workforce and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community (Equality Act 2010).
We particularly encourage applications from women, and individuals from black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds.
AFC Bournemouth is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. For further information on accessibility within the stadium, please click here.