We are recruiting for a Physiotherapist or Sports Therapist to join our academy.
Title: Academy Physiotherapist / Sports Therapist
Reports to: Senior Academy Physiotherapist
Location: Various (academy offices, academy training venues)
Contract Type: Full time (35 Hours per week across seven days)
Salary: Dependant on experience
About AFC Bournemouth
AFC Bournemouth is a family and community club. We strive to deliver a professional, friendly, and welcoming approach in all areas of the club. With a small backroom operation, you will be joining a tight knit group who pride themselves on hard work, passion, and togetherness.
To be an integrated member of the AFC Bournemouth Academy medical team, providing evidence-based advice, treatment, and medical assistance to players in the Foundation and Youth Development Phases, but predominantly with the Under 13 to Under 16s.
- To provide appropriate medical support to all U9-16 players in the Academy, primarily focusing on the U13 to U16 age groups.
- To have a close working relationship with other Academy and First team medical staff when expertise is required for complex injury management.
- To work within a multi-disciplinary team (MDT) and liaise effectively with lead coaches, sports scientists and other MDT staff regarding player availability, injury status and rehabilitation plans.
- Ensure all Academy training nights, injury clinics & matches are adequately covered medically.
- Perform pre-season medical testing as deemed appropriate for the FP and YDP groups and provide subsequent injury risk reduction programmes for Academy players.
- Assist in the organisation of cardiac screening for all players in compliance with the FA/EFL.
- Be a point of contact for parents/guardians of Academy players regarding any medical queries.
- To ensure all Academy Players (FP/YDP) medical records and documentation is kept up to date on PMA in conjunction with EPPP requirements.
- To assist in undertaking injury audits for all FP and YDP players ensuring information is kept in-line with EPPP guidelines, and feedback findings to MDT.
- Accompany Academy players to medical appointments when required.
- Assist with the medical support for the U18’s and U23’s when required.
- To carry out any other tasks directed by your line manager.
- Contribute to the Elite Performance CPD programme by participating in the monthly CPD’s and joining in with weekly medical team discussions regarding long term injured players.
- As a member of staff to ensure that you to adhere to the club’s safeguarding policies and procedures and are committed to our safeguarding values, creating a safe and positive environment for all those who interact with the club.
- Obligation to adhere to the club’s health and safety policy and procedures.
- As a member of staff to ensure in all matters you follow and actively promote the club’s equality policies and practices to ensure a welcoming, safe and inclusive environment for everyone engaged with the club.
- BSs (Hons) Degree in Physiotherapy or Sports Therapy.
- A member of the CSP and HCPC or Society of Sports Therapists.
- Up to date ITMMiF (Intermediate Trauma Medical Management in Football) qualification.
- A good understanding of long-term athletic development and its implications for the multi-disciplinary approach across the Elite Player Performance Pathway.
- Experience of working with elite developing athletes.
- Evidence of Continued Professional Development (CPD) Portfolio.
- Up to date FA Safeguarding Children certificate.
- Prior to commencement, an Enhanced DBS will be required.
- ATMMiF (Advanced Trauma Medical Management in Football) or ATMMiF-R.
The Club’s values are at the core of its staff behaviour and how they approach everything they do, therefore we are looking for someone is honest, inclusive, kind, hardworking, loyal, and respectful.
In return for your hard work and commitment to us, you will receive a competitive reward package which will include, but is not limited to:
- Free onsite parking.
- Season ticket & allocation of complimentary/ purchased tickets.
- Subsidised lunches.
- Complimentary healthy snacks throughout the day.
- Discounts at the club Superstore.
- Contribution towards eye tests and glasses.
- Discounts and benefits from partners and local businesses.
- Club pension scheme.
- Life Assurance Scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) by Health Assured.
- Paid parental leave (bank of five days per year).
- Discounts and benefits from partners and local businesses.
- Christmas Party and other social events throughout the year run by our Club Social Team.
- Paid volunteer opportunities (two days per year).
- Paid day's leave on your birthday.
How to apply
Please email CV & Covering Letter to [email protected] by Friday 6th May 2022.
AFC Bournemouth is an equal opportunities employer and ensures that staff and volunteers are able to achieve their full potential. AFC Bournemouth values the diversity of its workforce and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community (Equality Act 2010).
We actively encourage applications from women, and individuals from ethnically diverse communities.
For further information on accessibility within the stadium please click here.
AFC Bournemouth is committed to protecting all children, young persons, and adults at risk in its care or attending its premises and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
For all positions where a DBS check is required, an offer of employment will be subject to receipt of satisfactory disclosure at the appropriate level.
Any and all potential agreements, relationships or commitments that could be considered a conflict of interest should be disclosed upon application to this vacancy by emailing academy[email protected]. You will also be asked whether you have any conflicts to disclose upon receipt of your application.
Satisfactory references will be required for all positions, your eligibility to work with the club will be subject to receiving appropriate referencing.
We strive to create a positive and safe environment and ensure all who interact with the club feel safe, protected, and heard.