AFC Bournemouth currently have a vacancy for an Academy Casual Driver.
Title: Academy Casual Driver
Reports to: Academy Head of Education & Player Care and Academy Operations
Location: Various (Canford Park Arena and new training ground)
Core Hours/Position: Casual – £12.50 per hour. £60/£80 away games.
About AFC Bournemouth
Entering an exciting new chapter in its long and storied history, AFC Bournemouth is proud to retain its focus on family and community. Delivering that engagement with our loyal supporters is a passionate and integrated backroom staff, working closely together to provide a positive and lasting experience for all at Vitality Stadium.
Since its takeover by chairman Bill Foley, in a partnership including Hollywood actor Michael B. Jordan, the club has seen significant investment committed towards sustaining AFC Bournemouth in the Premier League, highlighted by the construction of a state-of-the-art training facility and the arrival of promising young talent from top clubs around Europe.
In the academy, there is a continued focus to become a category two academy, and this appointment will play a supporting role in that. This is a really exciting time to join the academy, as we move on to the next stage and continue to support the first team.
- Players First: holding individual player development as the main intention behind decisions made as a coach and wider professional.
- Togetherness: working in a prosocial manner as part of a wider team – willing to contribute beyond own interests.
- Integrity: carrying out academy and club values in an open and honest manner.
- Accountability: willing to take responsibility for actions in a manner which allows learning, growth and reflection.
The role requires the person to transport academy players and scholars on a day-to-day basis. These routes are usually from Vitality Stadium to Canford Park Arena or the training ground, daily. Then from Vitality Stadium to venues of other professional clubs on either a Saturday or Sunday.
- Monday-Friday – Flexible, in line with the transport timetable.
- Saturday/Sunday – Flexible, in line with the games programme.
It is vital that the role of Academy Casual Driver includes a number of key areas and stipulations. These are set out below:
- Provide transport for academy scholars and schoolboys daily from various locations from around the local area and specific venues in a safe and lawful manner, fully compliant with the Highway Code and other regulations applying to passenger and minibus transport.
- Provide the main transport link between the Vitality Stadium and Canford training grounds for our under-17 and under-18 scholars.
- Daily and weekly vehicle checks to be undertaken prior to any journey. Any faults are to be reported in the first instance to the academy.
- To be available to transport academy scholars to other venues as and when needed.
- Work closely with the Head of Education & Player Care and Academy Operations & Admin Asst. with regard to weekly schedules.
- Ensure the minibuses are cleaned by scholars and schoolboys after each journey.
- Ensure the relationship with children and vulnerable adults is appropriate and language, behaviour and demeanour is suitable. The club will expect you to undertake training to ensure an understanding of best practice in relation to children and/or vulnerable adults.
- As a member of staff to ensure in all matters, you follow and actively promote the club’s mental health policies and practices to ensure an open, non-judgmental and inclusive environment for everyone engaged with the club.
- As a member of staff to ensure that you to adhere to the club’s safeguarding policies and procedures and are committed to our safeguarding values, creating a safe and positive environment for all those who interact with the club.
- Obligation to adhere to the club’s health and safety policy and procedures.
- As a member of staff to ensure in all matters you follow and actively promote the club’s equality policies and practices to ensure a welcoming, safe and inclusive environment for everyone engaged with the club.
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time; or the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
- UK Valid Driving Licence – incl. D1 Licence.
- Experience in driving 17-seater minibuses.
- FA Safeguarding Children
- Experienced Driving Sports teams (desirable)
The club’s values are at the core of its staff behaviour and how they approach everything they do, therefore we are looking for someone is honest, inclusive, kind, hardworking and loyal.
How to Apply
Please email CV & Covering Letter to [email protected] by Friday 22nd September 2023, 11:59pm.
AFC Bournemouth is an equal opportunities employer and ensures that staff and volunteers are able to achieve their full potential. AFC Bournemouth values the diversity of its workforce and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community (Equality Act 2010).
We actively encourage applications from women, and individuals from ethnically diverse communities.
For further information on accessibility within the stadium please click here.
AFC Bournemouth is committed to protecting all children, young persons, and adults at risk in its care or attending its premises and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
For all positions where a DBS check is required, an offer of employment will be subject to receipt of satisfactory disclosure at the appropriate level.
Any and all potential agreements, relationships or commitments that could be considered a conflict of interest should be disclosed upon application to this vacancy by emailing [email protected]. You will also be asked whether you have any conflicts to disclose upon receipt of your application.
Satisfactory references will be required for all positions, your eligibility to work with the club will be subject to receiving appropriate referencing.
We strive to create a positive and safe environment and ensure all who interact with the club feel safe, protected, and heard.
AFC Bournemouth can exercise their right to perform external searches and to confirm information provided by candidates. It does not retain any data during this process.