icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow accessibility icon account-off icon account-on icon arrow-left icon arrow-right icon attack icon chevron-down icon chevron-left icon chevron-right icon chevron-up icon Combined Shape Created with Sketch. cross icon defence icon icon_disallowed_goal email icon facebook icon giphy icon google icon instagram icon linkedin icon lock icon messenger icon padlock icon Svg Vector Icons : http://www.onlinewebfonts.com/icon Panel Created with Sketch. Pattern Created with Sketch. pinterest icon Icon_PlayButton Created with Sketch. plus-thin icon plus icon Created with Sketch. Created with Sketch. search icon soundcloud icon sub-in icon sub-out icon tweet icon twitter icon icon_user__out icon_user_out vimeo icon whatsapp icon icon_start_stop youtube icon

Club news

Scrimmy assists in Iron opener


AFC Bournemouth AFC Bournemouth

Jake Scrimshaw was credited with his first assist in the Football League during Scunthorpe United’s 2-2 draw with League Two rivals Carlisle United.

Scrimshaw, who netted on his debut for the Iron against Sutton United, had a hand in Aaron Jarvis’s third-minute opener for the visitors at Brunton Park.

Harry Wood’s corner found its way to Emmanuel Onariase whose cross struck a Carlisle defender before it was met by Scrimshaw, his headed assist nodded home from close range by Jarvis.

Scrimshaw then almost marked his fourth appearance for the club with another assist, the striker teeing up Myles Hippolyte whose goalbound effort was blocked.

Jarvis clipped a shot narrowly over the crossbar after Scrimshaw had closed down Cumbrians goalkeeper Magnus Norman and forced him into making a hurried clearance.

Onariase arrived to meet Mason O’Malley’s corner with an unopposed header to double the Iron’s lead on the stroke of half-time.

However, Carlisle staged a second-half comeback and rescued a point thanks to late goals from Jordan Gibson and Ferndown-raised Brennan Dickenson.

Gibson’s clinical finish halved the arrears nine minutes from time before former Christchurch midfielder Dickenson netted deep into stoppage-time to leave the Iron in the bottom two.

Sam Sherring made his sixth appearance for Accrington Stanley in their 4-1 defeat by Wigan Athletic at the Wham Stadium as victory took the Latics to the League One summit.

Accy were trailing 2-0 to first-half goals from Jack Whatmough and Will Keane when defender Sherring was replaced at half-time by attacking midfielder John O’Sullivan.

And although Michael Nottingham netted to halve the deficit eight minutes into the second half, Charlie Wyke’s double ensured Wigan would move ahead of Sunderland on goal difference.

Euan Pollock (pictured) made his third appearance for Truro City as they exited the FA Cup after going down 1-0 against Hungerford Town in the second qualifying round.

Pollock, who is on work experience with the White Tigers, was handed his full debut in their 2-0 win over Southern League Premier South rivals Yate Town last Tuesday.

He kept his place in the starting line-up as Paul Wotton’s team attempted to pull off a cup shock against National South opposition at their Bulpit Lane headquarters.

Pollock was replaced by Tyler Harvey in the 60th minute before former Poole Town favourite Keith Emmerson headed the Crusaders into the next round 11 minutes from time.

Euan Pollock picture courtesy of Cameron Weldon.

With thanks to sponsor UPN for their support.

Breaking News