icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow accessibility icon account-off icon account-on icon arrow-left icon arrow-right icon attack icon chevron-down icon chevron-left icon chevron-right icon chevron-up icon Combined Shape Created with Sketch. cross icon defence icon icon_disallowed_goal email icon facebook icon giphy icon google icon instagram icon linkedin icon lock icon messenger icon padlock icon Svg Vector Icons : http://www.onlinewebfonts.com/icon Panel Created with Sketch. Pattern Created with Sketch. pinterest icon Icon_PlayButton Created with Sketch. plus-thin icon plus icon Created with Sketch. Created with Sketch. search icon soundcloud icon sub-in icon sub-out icon tweet icon twitter icon icon_user__out icon_user_out vimeo icon whatsapp icon icon_start_stop youtube icon

Club news

Loan watch: Zeno assists in Killie win


AFC Bournemouth AFC Bournemouth

Zeno Ibsen Rossi had a hand in one of Kilmarnock’s goals as they came from behind to triumph 3-1 against in-form Scottish Premiership rivals Livingston.

The 19-year-old defender was handed his second start by boss Alex Dyer as the visitors registered their first win at the Tony Macaroni Arena since 2005.

Ibsen Rossi (pictured above with Alex Dyer) was one of no fewer than eight changes after a coronavirus outbreak at the club had seen them forfeit a League Cup tie at Falkirk and lose 3-0 against Dunfermline in midweek.

Scott Pittman drew first blood for a Livingston team which was seeking a fifth successive victory when he opened the scoring in the 11th minute.

But Kilmarnock levelled midway through the first half when Aaron Tshibola pounced on the loose ball after Livvy goalkeeper Robbie McCrorie could only parry Chris Burke’s shot.

Burke’s 36th-minute penalty, awarded after Pittman had tripped Alan Power, put the visitors in front at the break before they made it 3-1 in the 57th minute.

Ibsen Rossi, making his fourth appearance for Killie, saw his looping cross slip through the hands of McCrorie, allowing Greg Kiltie to poke the ball into an unguarded net.

Victory took Kilmarnock to fifth place in the table with Ibsen Rossi having featured in three of their four league wins since joining them in August.


Kyle Taylor made his fourth appearance for Southend United as they went down 2-0 against Cheltenham Town at Roots Hall.

Taylor, who was replaced by Terrell Egbri in the 57th minute, was judged to have brought down George Long for Liam Sercombe to open the scoring with a tenth-minute penalty.

Former Cherries striker Brandon Goodship went close to grabbing an equaliser before George Lloyd killed off the Shrimpers with a second goal on 52 minutes.

Tyler Cordner and Frank Vincent both featured as Scunthorpe United suffered a 5-0 defeat at the hands of Cambridge United at Glanford Park.

Cordner, who was credited with an own goal, played the full 90 minutes, while Vincent came off the bench for John McAtee midway through the second half.

Paul Mullin’s two penalties and Joe Ironside’s second-half double helped Cambridge climb to the top of the table with Iron’s Myles Hippolyte sent off for two bookings after 55 minutes.


Brennan Camp and Corey Jordan both started as Weymouth triumphed 2-1 against King’s Lynn Town, last season’s National North champions.

Tom Whelan’s penalty four minutes from time gave former Cherries star Brian Stock his first win in management at the Bob Lucas Stadium.

Camp, who made his fifth appearance of the season, and Jordan, who made his third, both played the full 90 minutes.

Summer signing Cody Cooke opened the scoring for the hosts in the 38th minute, Weymouth’s first league goal of the season in their fifth game.

And although Adam Marriott levelled for the visitors eight minutes into the second half, Whelan sent Archie Mair the wrong way from the spot after Ross Barrows had handled.

The Linnets were reduced to ten men nine minutes from time when Rory McAuley received a second yellow card following an off-the-ball incident which left Camp clutching his face.

Sam Sherring made his fifth appearance for Torquay United as they briefly topped the table thanks to a 2-0 win over Dover Athletic.

Kyle Cameron’s first-half double sealed the points for the Gulls at Plainmoor with defender Sherring playing the full 90 minutes.

Since joining the Devon club in August, Sherring has featured in wins against Stockport County, Bromley, Chesterfield and Dover.

A third victory on the trot saw Gary Johnson’s team climb to the summit of the National League with Stockport replacing them following their win at Chesterfield in the teatime kick-off.


Ryan Glover made his debut for Hemel Hempstead in their 4-1 defeat by Maidstone United at the Gallagher Stadium.

Glover gave a good account of himself but the Tudors never recovered from conceding three times in the space of five first-half minutes.


Christian Saydee (pictured above) was named player of the match as Poole Town went second after claiming a hard-fought 1-0 win over ten-man Hendon at the Black Gold Stadium.

Saydee, who was applauded off when he was replaced by Sean Wright six minutes from time, was joined in the Dolphins starting line-up by Cherries team-mate Ben Greenwood.

The striker was involved when the visitors were reduced to ten men after just two minutes, Sam Corcoran seeing red for apparently lashing out at Saydee.

Saydee went close to breaking the deadlock on a couple of occasions with Joe Howe making a crucial last-ditch tackle to prevent him drawing first blood on 37 minutes.

In first-half stoppage time, Saydee’s powerful shot rebounded to Josh Carmichael who netted the only goal with a stunning strike from 25 yards.

Poole’s Declan Rose was sent off for a second booking 20 minutes from time, while defender Greenwood played his part as they kept a first clean sheet of the season.


Joe Besant made a series of fine saves but ended up on the losing team as Blackfield & Langley went down 3-2 against Horndean in dramatic fashion at Five Heads Park.

River Smith opened the scoring for the Watersiders after seven minutes before Connor Duffin’s first-half double gave Horndean the lead at the break.

Sami Makhloufi appeared to have salvaged a point for Blackfield when he levelled two minutes into stoppage time – only for Liam Kimber to have the final say with virtually the last kick of the game.

Christian Saydee picture courtesy of Jon Ashworth

Breaking News