icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow accessibility icon account-off icon account-on icon arrow-left icon arrow-right icon attack icon chevron-down icon chevron-left icon chevron-right icon chevron-up icon Combined Shape Created with Sketch. cross icon defence icon icon_disallowed_goal email icon facebook icon giphy icon google icon instagram icon linkedin icon lock icon messenger icon padlock icon Svg Vector Icons : http://www.onlinewebfonts.com/icon Panel Created with Sketch. Pattern Created with Sketch. pinterest icon Icon_PlayButton Created with Sketch. plus-thin icon plus icon Created with Sketch. Created with Sketch. search icon soundcloud icon sub-in icon sub-out icon tweet icon twitter icon icon_user__out icon_user_out vimeo icon whatsapp icon icon_start_stop youtube icon

Club news

Loan Watch: Trophy sweet for Glover and Shots


AFC Bournemouth AFC Bournemouth

Ryan Glover was in the thick of the action as Aldershot Town came from behind to book a place in the fourth round of the FA Trophy after seeing off Kingstonian on Saturday.

Glover’s introduction as a second-half substitute at the EBB Stadium coincided with a revival in the Shots’ fortunes after they had trailed at the break to Daniel Ajakaiye’s first-half header.

Ajakaiye nodded Rhys Murrell-Williamson’s cross past Aldershot goalkeeper Laurie Walker to give the Isthmian League Premier Division visitors a 38th-minute lead.

But after replacing Corie Andrews just six minutes into the second half, Glover played his part as Mark Molesley’s team extended to six matches their unbeaten run.

Just two minutes after coming on, Glover saw Aldershot level through Jacob Berkeley-Agyepong before the substitute went close to firing them ahead.

Glover latched on to a pass from former Cherries team-mate Mikael Ndjoli and saw his effort beat goalkeeper Rob Tolfrey but flash narrowly past of the post.

The hosts edged in front when Kingstonian captain Simon Cooper sliced Lewis Kinsella’s through ball past his own goalkeeper in the 61st minute.

Glover, who made his tenth appearance for the Shots, continued to catch the eye and headed inches wide of the upright from a Kinsella corner 15 minutes from time.

Euan Pollock capped an eventful week by scoring in a penalty shootout as Truro City bowed out at the hands of National League outfit Dagenham & Redbridge on Sunday.

Rocky Neal’s late leveller for the White Tigers cancelled out Josh Walker’s 76th-minute header as the Bolitho Park clash finished 1-1 after 90 minutes.

Pollock, who replaced new signing Gabby Rogers in the 64th minute, went close to opening the scoring when his goalbound effort was deflected for a corner.

The teenage striker came off the bench to make his 18th appearance for Truro just four days after scoring twice in the Cherries’ Premier League Cup win against West Brom.

Myles Weston drew first blood for the Daggers in the penalty shootout before Tyler Harvey’s effort was superbly saved by visiting goalkeeper Elliott Justham.

Successful spot-kicks from Daggers pair Ibby Akanbi and Will Wright together with Truro’s Neal made it 3-1 to the visitors before Pollock stepped forward.

The 19-year-old held his nerve and confidently converted into the bottom corner despite Justham guessing correctly and diving to his right.

But after Callum Reynolds had scored to make it 4-2, Justham tipped Shane White’s penalty on to the crossbar to send the Daggers into the fourth round.

Connor Kurran-Browne made his debut for King’s Lynn Town in their 2-1 win over Northern Premier League outfit Nantwich Town at The Walks.

Kurran-Browne replaced goal hero Josh Barrett 15 minutes from time as new boss Tommy Widdrington presided over back-to-back home victories.

Barrett netted twice as Town edged past fellow National League strugglers Dover Athletic in Widdrington’s first game in charge on December 11th.

And the in-form striker repeated the feat when he scored either side of half-time to see off Nantwich who replied through Daniel Cockerline in the 36th minute.

Luke Nippard made his debut for Eastbourne Borough as they went down 3-1 against National South rivals Slough Town in the third round at Arbour Park.

Midfielder Nippard joined the East Sussex club on the eve of the contest and was named in the starting line-up by boss Danny Bloor.

An early goal from Alfonso Tenconi and a stunning free-kick from Max Worsfold gave the Rebels a 2-0 lead at the break.

Worsfold added a third on the hour before Greg Luer pulled one back for Borough with Nippard replaced by Josh Oyinsan four minutes from time.

Ryan Glover picture courtesy of Ian Morsman and Euan Pollock picture courtesy of Tom Finnie.

With thanks to sponsor UPN for their support.

Breaking News