icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow accessibility icon account-off icon account-on icon arrow-left icon arrow-right icon attack icon chevron-down icon chevron-left icon chevron-right icon chevron-up icon Combined Shape Created with Sketch. cross icon defence icon icon_disallowed_goal email icon facebook icon giphy icon google icon instagram icon linkedin icon lock icon messenger icon padlock icon Svg Vector Icons : http://www.onlinewebfonts.com/icon Panel Created with Sketch. Pattern Created with Sketch. pinterest icon Icon_PlayButton Created with Sketch. plus-thin icon plus icon Created with Sketch. Created with Sketch. search icon soundcloud icon sub-in icon sub-out icon tweet icon twitter icon icon_user__out icon_user_out vimeo icon whatsapp icon icon_start_stop youtube icon

Sign In

Register using your Facebook, Gmail or Twitter account.
Sign in
Forgotten your password?

Club news

Loan watch: Smith makes MLS history


AFC Bournemouth AFC Bournemouth

Brad Smith penned a new chapter in Major League Soccer history when he became the first Australian to lift the prestigious MLS Cup.

The Cherries defender also became the first Socceroo to line up in the final as Seattle Sounders triumphed 3-1 over Toronto at CenturyLink Field.

In a repeat of the 2016 final, second-half goals from Kelvin Leerdam, Victor Rodriguez and Raul Ruidiaz saw Sounders prevail in front of a stadium-record crowd of 69,274.

Smith was replaced by Rodriguez in the 61st minute and had little time to celebrate as he had to fly to Jordan to prepare for Australia’s World Cup qualifier on Friday.


Jermain Defoe went close to completing the scoring during Rangers’ 2-0 victory over Livingston at the Tony Macaroni Arena.

Defoe, who replaced Alfredo Morelos eight minutes from time, saw his effort well saved by Livi goalkeeper Majita Sarkic.

Earlier, strikes by Joe Aribo and Morelos ensured Steven Gerrard’s team would remain level on points with Celtic at the top, the Hoops ahead on goal difference.


Asmir Begovic helped Qarabag maintain their unbeaten record as the leaders were held to a 1-1 draw by mid-table Zira at Tofiq Bahramov Republican Stadium.

Magaye Gueye gave Qarabag an early lead before Richard Gadze levelled in the 70th minute, the third goal conceded by Begovic in the league this season.

Beaten 2-1 by Apoel Nicosia in the Europa League on Thursday, Qarabag maintained their eight-point advantage at the top after Inter Baku defeated Neftchi 2-1. 


Sam Surridge replaced Wayne Routledge three minutes from time as Swansea City claimed a dramatic 2-2 draw against Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough.

Andre Ayew fired the Swans ahead in the 32nd minute only for Fernando Forestieri to level nine minutes from time.

Morgan Fox’s injury-time effort for the Owls looked destined to secure the win for Garry Monk against his former club before Ben Wilmot had the final say of the visitors.


Mikael Ndjoli was an unused substitute as Gillingham battled out a 1-1 draw with two-time winners Sunderland at the Stadium of Light.

Aiden McGeady drew first blood for the Black Cats after 15 minutes before Olly Lee profited from a goalkeeping error by Jon McLaughlin to level a minute into the second half.

Nnamdi Ofoborh replaced Dominic Gape in the final minute of Wycombe Wanderers’ eventful 2-2 draw against Tranmere Rovers at Prenton Park.

Kieron Morris gave Rovers an early lead before Joe Jacobson’s delightful free-kick restored parity at the break.

Alex Samuel put the Chairboys in front 10 minutes into the second half, only for Morris to add his second 23 minutes from time to set up a replay.

Kyle Taylor replaced Carl Winchester midway through the second half of Forest Green Rovers’ emphatic 4-0 win over National South Billericay Town.

A three-goal blast from Matt Stevens, Joseph Mills and Jack Aitchison inside eight first-half minutes effectively killed the tie by the break.

Liam Shephard’s deflected effort made it 4-0 to the League Two leaders before Taylor came on for Winchester for the closing 21 minutes.

Tyler Cordner played 90 minutes for Ebbsfleet as they suffered late heartbreak at the hands of National League rivals Notts County at Stonebridge Road.

Fleet took an early lead through Josh Payne’s stunning strike only for Kyle Wootton’s double either side of half-time to hand the initiative to the Magpies.

And although Gozie Ugwu levelled from the spot in the 89th minute, Ben Turner headed home a dramatic winner in injury-time.

Charlie Seaman started Eastleigh’s eventful 2-2 draw with Southern League Central Stourbridge as the National League side were forced to come from behind on two occasions.

Seaman, who was replaced by Marcus Barnes in the 76th minute, went close to opening the scoring early on when he curled an effort just past the post.

The teams shared first-half headed goals, Aaron Lloyd nodding Stourbridge ahead in the 25th minute before Tyrone Barnett replied 10 minutes later.

Stourbridge regained the lead through Will Grocott in the 52nd minute before Scott Rendell, who had seen his penalty saved, atoned by grabbing an equaliser four minutes from time.

Frank Vincent made his 20th appearance of the season for Torquay as they suffered a 1-0 defeat against National South outfit Maidstone.

Dan Wishart’s deflected effort settled the issue in favour of the hosts at the Gallagher Stadium, his goal coming in the 19th minute. 


Calum Ward, Shaun Hobson and Brennan Camp all played a part as Weymouth climbed to second thanks to a hard-earned 2-1 win over Hampton & Richmond at the Bob Lucas Stadium.

Ex-Cherries striker Josh McQuoid fired the Terras ahead before Ben Thomson doubled their lead, the goals coming in the space of three second-half minutes.

Much-travelled frontman Jefferson Louis, who numbers Weymouth among his former clubs, halved the deficit after 61 minutes but the hosts held on to take all three points.

Breaking News