icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow accessibility icon account-off icon account-on icon arrow-left icon arrow-right icon attack icon chevron-down icon chevron-left icon chevron-right icon chevron-up icon Combined Shape Created with Sketch. cross icon defence icon icon_disallowed_goal email icon facebook icon giphy icon google icon instagram icon linkedin icon lock icon messenger icon padlock icon Svg Vector Icons : http://www.onlinewebfonts.com/icon Panel Created with Sketch. Pattern Created with Sketch. pinterest icon Icon_PlayButton Created with Sketch. plus-thin icon plus icon Created with Sketch. Created with Sketch. search icon soundcloud icon sub-in icon sub-out icon tweet icon twitter icon icon_user__out icon_user_out vimeo icon whatsapp icon icon_start_stop youtube icon

Club news

Loan Watch: Shrimpers stun Rovers


AFC Bournemouth AFC Bournemouth

Kyle Taylor played his part as Southend United turned the League Two table on its head by triumphing 3-1 against Forest Green Rovers.

ictory for Mark Molesley’s team saw them climb off the bottom, while defeat for Rovers prevented them from displacing Cambridge United at the summit.

Taylor started at The New Lawn Stadium and was replaced by Alan McCormack in the 71st minute, the switch made just after Nathan Ferguson had made it 3-0 to the Shrimpers.

Ferguson’s spectacular long-range thunderbolt added to former Cherries defender Shaun Hobson’s sumptuous first-half volley and Tim Dieng's 55th-minute strike.

Taylor had a hand in Southend’s opening goal when his free-kick was cleared to the edge of the box for Hobson to rifle home after 20 minutes.

Jamille Matt pulled a goal back for Rovers four minutes from time as Southend moved a point above the drop zone. Tyler Cordner was an unused substitute for the Shrimpers.

Jake Scrimshaw claimed the bragging rights over his Cherries team-mate Frank Vincent as Newport County triumphed 1-0 against Walsall at the Banks’s Stadium.

Scrimshaw was an unused substitute against the club he served on loan during the first half of the season as Joss Labadie bagged the only goal in the 71st minute.

Vincent, who made his fifth appearance for the Saddlers and was booked, was replaced by Stuart Sinclair just a minute after Labadie had netted.


Sam Sherring played his part as Torquay United got their promotion push back on track with a 2-1 win against Solihull Moors at Damson Park.

Asa Hall’s first-half penalty and a Billy Waters effort after 63 minutes put the Gulls in the driving seat as they looked to bounce back from Saturday’s defeat by Halifax.

Torquay goalkeeper Shaun MacDonald received a second yellow card for bringing down Kyle Hudlin and his replacement James Hamon was beaten by Alex Gudger as stoppage time proved eventful.

Sherring played the full 90 minutes and made his 23rd league appearance as the Gulls maintained a four-point lead at the top of the table.

Brennan Camp went close to scoring his first goal for Weymouth in their 3-1 defeat by Yeovil Town at Huish Park.

Camp, who made his 18th appearance for the Terras, was denied by a fine save from Glovers goalkeeper Adam Smith with the score at 1-1.

Rhys Murphy’s clinical hat-trick saw Yeovil follow up their 3-0 win at the Bob Lucas Stadium in January with Jacob Mensah on target for Weymouth.

Camp, who received a yellow card, was replaced by Pierre Fonkeu in the 72nd minute and with Yeovil leading 2-1.

With thanks to sponsor UPN for their support.

Breaking News