icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow accessibility icon account-off icon account-on icon arrow-left icon arrow-right icon attack icon chevron-down icon chevron-left icon chevron-right icon chevron-up icon Combined Shape Created with Sketch. cross icon defence icon icon_disallowed_goal email icon facebook icon giphy icon google icon instagram icon linkedin icon lock icon messenger icon padlock icon Svg Vector Icons : http://www.onlinewebfonts.com/icon Panel Created with Sketch. Pattern Created with Sketch. pinterest icon Icon_PlayButton Created with Sketch. plus-thin icon plus icon Created with Sketch. Created with Sketch. search icon soundcloud icon sub-in icon sub-out icon tweet icon twitter icon icon_user__out icon_user_out vimeo icon whatsapp icon icon_start_stop youtube icon

Club news

Loan Watch: Scrimshaw bags in five-goal thriller


AFC Bournemouth AFC Bournemouth

Jake Scrimshaw netted his first goal for Newport County in their narrow 3-2 defeat away at Oldham. 

The forward gave his side the dream start, scoring within three minutes at Boundary Park, when he nodded home Luke Gambin's inch-perfect cross. 

However, moments later Davis Keillor-Dunn levelled for the hosts and things soon went from bad to worse for Newport, who saw captain Joss Labadie shown a straight red for an altercation with Marcel Hilssner. 

A second-half strike from Gambin cancelled out Bobby Grant's goal just before the break, which had given Oldham the lead, but it wasn't to be for the visitors, as the Latics regained their advantage after Mickey Demetriou converted into his own net 16 minutes from time. 

The defeat sees Scrimshaw's Newport side sit third in League Two, but with two games in hand over both Cambridge United and Forest Green Rovers, who sit above them. 

Staying in League Two, Mark Travers made his third appearance between the sticks for Swindon Town as they drew 2-2 away at Charlton.  

The shot-stopper had to be alert from the start, after Conor Masterson's back-pass was intercepted by Ronnie Schwartz, the Ireland international using his finger-tips to divert the shot onto the post and keep the score level.  

Shortly after, Hallam Hope and Matt Palmer had a big impact at the other end, giving the visitors a healthy lead at the break, but second-half efforts from Chuks Aneke and Andrew Shinnie cancelled them out and the game ended all square. 

Kyle Taylor played 90 minutes for Southend United but couldn't help them to a much-needed win. 

Following a tight first-half, Mansfield broke the deadlock at Roots Hall after 64 minutes, Jamie Reid getting the only goal of the game. 

In the dying stages, Timothee Dieng was shown a second yellow card after being adjudged to have trodden on a grounded Stags player and will miss Tuesday's game against Bradford. 

Mark Molesley's side remain bottom of League Two. 

In the National League, Sam Sherring also got maximum minutes for Torquay United, who battled to a goalless draw at Notts County. 

Ben Whitfield, who rose through the ranks at Vitality Stadium, went close for the Gulls early on, but it was a game of few chances at Meadow Lane. 

The point sees Torquay extended their lead at the top to nine points and remain in a strong position for promotion.

Down the lower echelons of the table, Brennan Camp and Christian Saydee were both unused substitutes as Weymouth recorded an impressive 1-0 victory at home to Hartlepool. 

Former Cherries duo Ollie Harfield and Josh McQuoid played their part, the left-back crossing for the latter just before the break, as Brian Stock's side picked up a valuable three points. 

With thanks to UPN for sponsoring our Loan Watch.

Photo credit: Newport County 

Breaking News