icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow accessibility icon account-off icon account-on icon arrow-left icon arrow-right icon attack icon chevron-down icon chevron-left icon chevron-right icon chevron-up icon Combined Shape Created with Sketch. cross icon defence icon icon_disallowed_goal email icon facebook icon giphy icon google icon instagram icon linkedin icon lock icon messenger icon padlock icon Svg Vector Icons : http://www.onlinewebfonts.com/icon Panel Created with Sketch. Pattern Created with Sketch. pinterest icon Icon_PlayButton Created with Sketch. plus-thin icon plus icon Created with Sketch. Created with Sketch. search icon soundcloud icon sub-in icon sub-out icon tweet icon twitter icon icon_user__out icon_user_out vimeo icon whatsapp icon icon_start_stop youtube icon

Club news

Loan Watch: Scrimmy nails Iron's winner


AFC Bournemouth AFC Bournemouth

Jake Scrimshaw was Scunthorpe United’s matchwinner as they triumphed 2-1 against League Two rivals Crawley Town at Sands Venue Stadium.

Scrimshaw capped an impressive individual performance by bagging their decisive second goal ten minutes after half-time.

The striker put the finishing touches to a well-worked goal when he timed his run to perfection to fasten on to a pass from Miles Hippolyte before rounding Crawley goalkeeper Glenn Morris and slotting home from a tight angle.

Scrimshaw, who also started as the Iron drew 1-1 at Barrow last Tuesday, marked his tenth appearance for the club by notching his second goal.

Scunthorpe goalkeeper Rory Watson made a couple of important saves early on before Scrimshaw went close to breaking the deadlock when his fierce drive flashed narrowly over the crossbar.

The hosts took the lead when Crawley’s George Francomb turned Ross Millen’s low cross into his own net under pressure from Ryan Loft in the 37th minute.

Scrimshaw netted to give them a two-goal cushion, with Kwesi Appiah scoring to halve the deficit 17 minutes from time, the Iron holding on for a first league win in ten games.


Sam Sherring made his 11th appearance for Accrington Stanley in their topsy-turvy 2-2 draw with Portsmouth at the Wham Stadium.

Sherring kept his place having been recalled to the starting line-up for the thrilling midweek win at Charlton, Accy prevailing 3-2 at the Valley.

The defender was replaced by Ross Sykes just after Ronan Curtis had fired Pompey ahead in the 18th minute.

Accy boss John Coleman confirmed Sherring had been unfortunate to be substituted, telling the club website: "I thought Portsmouth started really brightly, we expected them to.

“I was disappointed that we couldn’t seem to get out of first gear. I made a change. Sam was unlucky to come off, it could have been anybody to be honest. But we needed to get Ross’s height on there.”

Sykes provided the assist for Harry Pell to head the hosts level in the 50th minute, the defender flicking on Sean McConville’s corner.

Former Cherries midfielder Matt Butcher, a self-confessed Pompey fan, cleared off the line from Curtis before firing Accy in front 13 minutes from time.

But Marcus Harness rescued a point for the visitors when he tapped home a cross from John Marquis four minutes from time.


Ryan Glover (pictured above) marked his Aldershot Town debut by supplying two assists in their 3-2 defeat by high-fliers Bromley at the EBB Stadium.

Glover, who linked up with Mark Molesley’s team in midweek, teed up former Cherries striker Mikael Ndjoli for the opener in the fourth minute.

And after George Alexander had levelled, Glover fed skipper Lewis Kinsella whose 25-yard strike bounced in off the post to put the hosts back in front.

But after Aldershot goalkeeper Mitch Walker had punched a corner into his own net, Michael Cheek’s second-half penalty secured Bromley a sixth consecutive win.

Glover will be hoping to again feature when Molesley’s Shots host former club Weymouth at the EBB Stadium on Tuesday (7.45pm kick-off).


Goalkeeper Billy Terrell (pictured below) was applauded off by opposition supporters following his impressive display in Wimborne Town’s 2-0 defeat at Harrow Borough.

Terrell made a string of fine saves to keep the hosts at bay before well-worked goals in the second half from Frank Keita and George Moore saw the Reds deservedly prevail.

With Terrell taking centre stage, Harrow racked up a shot-count of 31, including 12 on target, and Keita drew first blood midway through the second half before Moore netted five minutes from time.

Terrell, who is enjoying a productive stay with the Magpies, could again feature when they host Merthyr Town at the New Cuthbury on Tuesday (7.30pm kick-off).

Euan Pollock maintained his rich vein of form in front of goal by grabbing a late consolation in Truro City’s 2-1 defeat by Gosport Borough at Bolitho Park.

Pollock made it four goals in his past three games, the striker having netted twice in Truro’s Southern League Cup win over Willand Rovers and been on target for the Cherries development squad in their 1-1 draw with Southampton last week.

Gosport goalkeeper Bert White made a couple of early saves to deny Pollock an opener before Dan Wooden cashed in on a defensive mix-up to give the visitors a 33rd-minute lead.

After Tyler Harvey had hit the post for Truro and Pollock and Ryan Brett had both seen chances go begging, Sirigui Dembele doubled Gosport’s advantage 11 minutes into the second half.

Pollock marked his eighth appearance for the White Tigers by bagging his first league goal, his header in added time looping over White.

Brooklyn Genesini tasted defeat for the first time in a Poole Town shirt as they suffered a 4-1 defeat at the hands of unbeaten Hayes & Yeading at BlackGold Stadium.

Genesini helped the Dolphins record four successive wins since joining them at the start of October and played his part in their 3-0 victory at Merthyr Town last Tuesday.

Before Moses Emmanuel opened the scoring for Hayes from the penalty spot in the 39th minute, Genesini’s probing free-kick was headed narrowly past the post by Tony Lee.

And after he had gone close to equalising with a header, substitute Hassan Jalloh doubled the visitors’ lead five minutes into the second half.

Genesini was replaced by Will Fletcher in the 58th minute before goals from Francis Amartey and Oluwasanmi Odelusi saw Hayes to victory, Sean Wright bagging Poole’s consolation.

Genesini and Pollock could come face to face when Poole host Truro at BlackGold Stadium on Tuesday (7.45pm kick-off).

Billy Terrell picture courtesy of Steve Harris (WTFC).

With thanks to sponsor UPN for their support.

Breaking News