icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow accessibility icon account-off icon account-on icon arrow-left icon arrow-right icon attack icon chevron-down icon chevron-left icon chevron-right icon chevron-up icon Combined Shape Created with Sketch. cross icon defence icon icon_disallowed_goal email icon facebook icon giphy icon google icon instagram icon linkedin icon lock icon messenger icon padlock icon Svg Vector Icons : http://www.onlinewebfonts.com/icon Panel Created with Sketch. Pattern Created with Sketch. pinterest icon Icon_PlayButton Created with Sketch. plus-thin icon plus icon Created with Sketch. Created with Sketch. search icon soundcloud icon sub-in icon sub-out icon tweet icon twitter icon icon_user__out icon_user_out vimeo icon whatsapp icon icon_start_stop youtube icon

Club news

Loan Watch: Sam's Gulls hit summit


AFC Bournemouth AFC Bournemouth

Sam Sherring continued to catch the eye for Torquay United as the Devon outfit returned to the National League summit thanks to a 4-1 win against Aldershot at The EBB Stadium.

Sherring completed another 90 minutes, his seventh appearance for the Gulls, as the visitors hit back after going behind to Craig Tanner’s early goal.

The Shots were made to pay for failing to add to Tanner’s eighth-minute effort as Sherring and the Torquay defence stood firm during a one-sided first half.

Home goalkeeper Mitchell Walker fumbled Ben Wynter’s cross into the net to restore parity on the stroke of half-time before Daniel Wright nodded the Gulls ahead two minutes into the second half.

Former Cherries midfielder Ben Whitfield made it 3-1 four minutes later following good work from Connor Lemonheigh-Evans before Wright added his second to wrap up a fourth successive league win for the Gulls.

Brennan Camp and Corey Jordan both completed 90 minutes as Weymouth went down 3-2 against Bromley at Hayes Lane.

Although Josh Wakefield opened the scoring for the Terras, the hosts hit back through Michael Cheek’s penalty and a Nassim L’Ghoul effort.

Ben Williamson struck to make it 3-1 midway through the second half before Tom Whelan’s penalty four minutes from time set up a grandstand finish with Camp going close to netting an equaliser in added time.


Kyle Taylor (pictured above) made his seventh appearance for Southend United as they suffered a 2-1 defeat at the hands of fellow strugglers Oldham Athletic.

Bobby Grant drew first blood for the Latics at Roots Hall before Tom Clifford levelled with a superb free-kick from 25 yards, which Taylor won.

However, Mark Molesley’s team were denied a share of the spoils when Zak Dearnley popped up with an 89th-minute winner.

Jake Scrimshaw made his third appearance from the bench as Walsall’s unbeaten start was ended by a 2-0 defeat against Cambridge United.

Scrimshaw replaced Elijah Adebayo 13 minutes from time as the Saddlers trailed to Paul Mullin’s ninth-minute penalty. Joe Ironside then doubled Cambridge’s lead with another spot-kick.


Goalkeeper Billy Terrell earned another rave review for his display during Wimborne Town’s 4-1 defeat by Truro City at Treyew Road.

The 17-year-old again made a string of fine saves but was powerless to prevent the White Tigers forging 4-0 ahead by half-time.

Terrell made a superb stop to keep out Rocky Neal’s 67th-minute penalty and also thwarted the Truro player from the follow-up.

Jamie Richards’s double and goals from Connor Riley-Lowe and Tyler Harvey left the Magpies with a mountain to club, although Lewis Beale notched a consolation.

Sam Sherring picture credit: Pinnacle Photo Agency (PPA)

Breaking News