icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow accessibility icon account-off icon account-on icon arrow-left icon arrow-right icon attack icon chevron-down icon chevron-left icon chevron-right icon chevron-up icon Combined Shape Created with Sketch. cross icon defence icon icon_disallowed_goal email icon facebook icon giphy icon google icon instagram icon linkedin icon lock icon messenger icon padlock icon Svg Vector Icons : http://www.onlinewebfonts.com/icon Panel Created with Sketch. Pattern Created with Sketch. pinterest icon Icon_PlayButton Created with Sketch. plus-thin icon plus icon Created with Sketch. Created with Sketch. search icon soundcloud icon sub-in icon sub-out icon tweet icon twitter icon icon_user__out icon_user_out vimeo icon whatsapp icon icon_start_stop youtube icon

Sign In

Register using your Facebook, Gmail or Twitter account.
Sign in
Forgotten your password?

Club news

Loan watch: Sam strikes in the nick of time


AFC Bournemouth AFC Bournemouth

Sam Surridge expressed his delight after scoring a dramatic late winner to earn Swansea City a 2-1 victory over Championship rivals Wigan Athletic.

Surridge came off the bench as a 79th-minute replacement for Wayne Routledge and headed home a Connor Roberts cross in injury-time at the DW Stadium.

The England under-21 international’s sixth goal of the season – and fifth for the Swans in all competitions – settled the contest in favour of the visitors after Kieffer Moore’s penalty for the Latics had cancelled out Nathan Dyer’s opener.

Surridge told the Swansea City official website: “It was brilliant. I saw the ball coming into the box and thought Andre (Ayew) was going to get there before me.

“One of us was going to get it. I just made sure I got a good connection on the header and was delighted with the result of it.

“To be honest, I didn’t realise how late in the game it was. I didn’t realise it was the 93rd minute, I didn’t even know we were in stoppage-time.

“It was a special moment. My first Championship goal against QPR was special and getting a 93rd-minute winner was right up there as one of my best moments with Swansea so far.”

Nnamdi Ofoborh and Kyle Taylor were both unused substitutes as their respective loan clubs both went top of their divisions.

Ofoborh looked on from the bench as Wycombe climbed to the League One summit thanks to a 1-0 win over 10-man Shrewsbury at Adams Park.

Newcastle loan player Rolando Aarons bagged the only goal to end a four-game unbeaten run for Sam Ricketts’ Shrewsbury, who had Ro-Shaun Williams sent off late on.

Taylor saw Forest Green Rovers move to the top of League Two after they landed the derby spoils against Cheltenham Town at the Jonny-Rocks Stadium.

First-half goals from Jack Aitchison and Elliott Frear put Rovers in the driving seat before Luke Varney pulled one back after the break for Cheltenham as their 17-match unbeaten home run came to an end.

Mikael Ndjoli came off the bench as a 67th-minute replacement for Alex Jakubiak in Gillingham’s 3-0 defeat by League One rivals Rotherham at Priestfield.

Despite seeing his penalty superbly saved by Gills goalkeeper Jack Bonham, Michael Smith opened the scoring for the Millers before Matt Crooks added a double as Rotherham made it three away league wins in a row for the first time since December 2017.


Asmir Begovic (pictured above) kept his fifth clean sheet in seven league games for Qarabag as the leaders battled out a 0-0 draw with second-placed Neftchi at Bakcell Arena.

Begovic, who was booked in the ninth minute of stoppage time, helped Qarabag maintain their unbeaten league record and their eight-point advantage over Neftchi.  


Jermain Defoe replaced Sheyi Ojo eight minutes from time as Rangers booked a place in the final of the League Cup with a 3-0 win over Hearts at Hampden Park.

Victory, thanks to Alfredo Morelos’s double and a goal from Filip Helander, set up a date with Old Firm rivals Celtic on 8th December.


Emerson Hyndman was an unused substitute as reigning champions Atlanta United suffered a 2-1 defeat at the hands of Toronto in the Eastern Conference final.

Although Julian Gressel drew first blood for Atlanta at Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Toronto hit back with goals from Nicolas Benezet and Nick DeLeon.

For the third time in four years, Toronto, champions in 2017, will face Seattle Sounders in the MLS Cup final.

Cherries defender Brad Smith will be hoping to feature for Seattle when they host Toronto at CenturyLink Field on Sunday.


Frank Vincent (pictured above) had a hand in two goals for Torquay United as they eased to a 4-2 win over Halifax at The Shay.

Vincent won the corner which led to Kyle Cameron heading the Gulls in front before he was brought down for a penalty, converted by Jamie Reid in the 17th minute.

Reid added his second and the visitors’ third in the 64th minute before Vincent was replaced by Joe Lewis 13 minutes from time.

Although Liam McAlinden and Michael Duckworth scored for Halifax, Kalvin Lumbombo-Kalala’s goal sealed Torquay’s third win in succession.

Charlie Seaman was credited with an assist as Eastleigh halted Harrogate’s nine-match unbeaten run with a 4-2 win at the Silverlake Stadium.

Seaman teed up Tom Bearwish to make it 3-1 in the 57th minute after Scott Rendell had struck twice, his first a penalty, to cancel out Brendan Kiernan’s opener for Harrogate.

Although Jack Muldoon pulled one back for the visitors, Rendell completed his hat-trick to seal the Spitfires’ first league win in four matches.

Tyler Cordner impressed for Ebbsfleet United as they shared the points from a 2-2 draw with fellow strugglers Chesterfield at Stonebridge Road.

The defender again caught the eye as Gozie Ugwu’s double, his second a penalty, gave Ebbsfleet a 2-1 lead, only for Haydn Hollis to level for the Spireites.


Weymouth’s scheduled clash at Billericay Town was postponed due to damage at the hosts’ New Lodge ground.

Tyre tracks were left across the pitch after two vehicles had broken in overnight and driven across the surface.


Cameron Plain kept a clean sheet in Wimborne Town’s 2-0 win over Yate Town at Cuthbury with Tony Lee bagging both goals for the Magpies.

Jack Torniainen was an unused substitute in Dorchester Town’s 2-1 defeat by Harrow Borough at the Clayson Stadium.

Frank Vincent picture courtesy of PPAUK.

Breaking News