icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow accessibility icon account-off icon account-on icon arrow-left icon arrow-right icon attack icon chevron-down icon chevron-left icon chevron-right icon chevron-up icon Combined Shape Created with Sketch. cross icon defence icon icon_disallowed_goal email icon facebook icon giphy icon google icon instagram icon linkedin icon lock icon messenger icon padlock icon Svg Vector Icons : http://www.onlinewebfonts.com/icon Panel Created with Sketch. Pattern Created with Sketch. pinterest icon Icon_PlayButton Created with Sketch. plus-thin icon plus icon Created with Sketch. Created with Sketch. search icon soundcloud icon sub-in icon sub-out icon tweet icon twitter icon icon_user__out icon_user_out vimeo icon whatsapp icon icon_start_stop youtube icon

Club news

Loan Watch: Sam cleans up on debut


AFC Bournemouth AFC Bournemouth

Sam Sherring played a leading role as Cambridge United claimed a dramatic 1-0 win over League One rivals Lincoln City at Sincil Bank.

Sherring was handed his debut by Cambridge head coach Mark Bonner who celebrated his 100th game in charge of the club.

The visitors were forced to weather a first-half storm with Sherring and his team-mates defending stoically to keep the Imps at bay.

Sherring went close to breaking the deadlock when his shot from the centre of the box was blocked in the eighth minute.

And after Lincoln striker Chris Maguire had raced forward and taken aim in the 30th minute, Sherring made a timely interception to prevent his effort from reaching goalkeeper Dimitar Mitov.

Mitov pulled off a top-drawer save to keep out Liam Cullen’s angled drive in the closing stages before Cambridge sealed victory in injury time.

Joe Ironside, their matchwinner against Newcastle in the FA Cup, again came up trumps when he headed home the loose ball after Imps goalkeeper Josh Griffiths could only parry Adam May’s shot.


Luke Nippard played a key role as Eastbourne Borough came from behind to chalk up a 5-2 win over Hungerford Town at Priory Lane.

Nippard marked his third appearance for Eastbourne by supplying the assist for their crucial third goal in the closing stages.

His delicate cross picked out Charlie Walker who climbed above the Crusaders defence before powering a header beyond the reach of stand-in goalkeeper Matt Jones.

It was the first of three late goals for the hosts as victory over ten-man Hungerford saw them move into the top ten.

Nippard also had a hand in Eastbourne’s ninth-minute opener, his pass being glanced by Walker into the path of Joel Rollinson who made no mistake.

Although goals from Ryan Seager and Max Ram gave the visitors the interval lead, Greg Luer struck to restore parity 15 minutes into the second half.

Hungerford were reduced to ten men with 16 minutes remaining when former Poole Town goalkeeper Luke Cairney was sent off for handling outside his box.

Nippard set up Walker to make it 3-2 four minutes from time before Charley Kendall netted twice in stoppage time.

Nippard’s Cherries team-mate Euan Pollock was an unused substitute for Hungerford.


Ryan Glover went close to bagging his first goal for Aldershot as they bowed out in the fourth round at the hands of National League rivals Bromley at the EBB Stadium.

Glover almost marked his 15th appearance for the Shots with a stunning goal, his spectacular 30-yard effort superbly saved by Ravens goalkeeper Reice Charles-Cook in the 30th minute.

Former Cherries star Joe Partington, who had a loan spell with Aldershot in 2014, opened the scoring for Bromley ten minutes into the second half.

And the visitors added a second through substitute George Alexander five minutes from time.

Connor Kurran-Browne came off the bench as King’s Lynn Town suffered penalty shootout heartbreak against National South outfit Tonbridge Angels.

Kurran Browne made his third substitute appearance for the Linnets when he replaced Malachi Linton in the 61st minute at Longmead.

King’s Lynn drew first blood through Josh Barrett 14 minutes from time, only for Tommy Wood’s leveller to take the tie to penalties.

Michael Clunan and Gold Omotayo both missed their respective spot-kicks as Tonbridge prevailed 4-3 to reach the fifth round for the first time in their history.


Owen Bevan had a debut to remember as Truro City registered a 2-0 win over Hendon at Silver Jubilee Park.

Bevan was drafted in to the starting line-up by White Tigers boss Paul Wotton after joining the club on a work experience loan on the eve of the contest.

And the teenage defender made a crucial block in the first half to ensure the teams would reach the break on level terms.

Jamie Richards headed Truro in front in the 60th minute before the hosts were reduced to ten men when Christian Smith was sent off after picking up a second yellow card.

Tyler Harvey doubled the visitors’ lead in the closing stages with Hendon ending the game with nine men after Joe White received a straight red card.

Jack Seddon tasted victory on his full debut for Poole Town as they edged out promotion rivals Gosport Borough 2-1 at the Black Gold Stadium.

Seddon, who came off the bench in the Dolphins’ New Year’s Day victory over Wimborne, was handed his first start by Poole boss Tom Killick.

And the Christchurch-born defender made a key block to prevent Luke Hallett’s effort from halving the deficit ten minutes into the second half.

Jamie Whisken’s header and a Will Spetch penalty gave the Dolphins a 2-0 interval lead with a Mark Childs own goal setting up a nervy finale.

With thanks to sponsor UPN for their support.

Breaking News