icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow accessibility icon account-off icon account-on icon arrow-left icon arrow-right icon attack icon chevron-down icon chevron-left icon chevron-right icon chevron-up icon Combined Shape Created with Sketch. cross icon defence icon icon_disallowed_goal email icon facebook icon giphy icon google icon instagram icon linkedin icon lock icon messenger icon padlock icon Svg Vector Icons : http://www.onlinewebfonts.com/icon Panel Created with Sketch. Pattern Created with Sketch. pinterest icon Icon_PlayButton Created with Sketch. plus-thin icon plus icon Created with Sketch. Created with Sketch. search icon soundcloud icon sub-in icon sub-out icon tweet icon twitter icon icon_user__out icon_user_out vimeo icon whatsapp icon icon_start_stop youtube icon

Club news

Loan watch: Nnamdi caps memorable week


AFC Bournemouth AFC Bournemouth

Nnamdi Ofoborh, fresh from his midweek goalscoring heroics, played his part as Wycombe Wanderers regained leadership of League One with a 2-0 win over Tranmere Rovers yesterday.

Ofoborh had marked his ninth appearance for the Chairboys by opening the scoring – his first goal in the professional ranks – in their 2-1 win at MK Dons in the EFL Trophy on Tuesday.

The 20-year-old came off the bench as a 78th-minute replacement for David Wheeler at Prenton Park after quickfire strikes from Adebayo Akinfenwa and Joe Jacobson had put the visitors ahead.

Akinfenwa, 37, netted his 50th goal for the Chairboys, while Jacobson scored on his 33rd birthday and 500th career appearance.

Victory moved Gareth Ainsworth’s team three points clear of Ipswich – with Wycombe meeting Tranmere for the third time in 11 days on Wednesday in an FA Cup first-round replay at Adams Park.

Mikael Ndjoli remained on the substitutes’ bench as Gillingham registered a 1-0 victory over League One rivals Lincoln City at Priestfield on Saturday.

Ndjoli, who featured in the Gills’ midweek win over Tottenham under-21s in the EFL Trophy, saw Mikael Mandron’s 24th-minute effort settle the contest in favour of the hosts.

Kyle Taylor was an unused substitute as Forest Green Rovers surrendered leadership of League Two after going down 1-0 at the hands of Plymouth Argyle at the New Lawn.

Antoni Sarcevic grabbed the only goal of the game after 24 minutes as Argyle condemned Rovers to a first home defeat since August.


Frank Vincent’s 21st appearance of the season came to a premature end after he sustained an injury in Torquay United’s 2-1 defeat by Sutton United at Plainmoor.

Vincent was replaced by Kalvin Kalala after 28 minutes and after David Ajiboye had given the visitors a 12th-minute lead.

And although Ben Wynter levelled for the hosts in the 32nd minute, Harry Beautyman’s 69th-minute goal settled the issue in favour of Sutton.

Tyler Cordner looked on from the bench as Ebbsfleet United and Hartlepool United shared the spoils from an eventful 2-2 draw at Stonebridge Road.

Gavan Holohan’s first-half double had the visitors in the ascendancy with Fleet’s problems compounded when Josh Umerah was sent off on the stroke of half-time.

However, a stirring second-half comeback from the hosts saw them claim a point thanks to Myles Weston’s two goals in the closing 18 minutes.


Goalkeeper Cameron Plain received his player-of-the-month award for October ahead of Wimborne Town’s 2-1 defeat by Gosport Borough at Cuthbury.

Plain has been in fine form for the Magpies and again made a series of excellent saves against Gosport despite finishing on the losing team.

Ex-Cherries youngster Antonio Diaz marked his Wimborne debut by opening the scoring for the hosts with a finely-taken goal after 21 minutes.

However, disaster struck for the Magpies as Matt Paterson levelled five minutes from time before Ryan Woodford grabbed an injury-time winner. Billy Maybury and Connor Doe both received second yellow cards after the final whistle.

Jack Torniainen was an unused substitute in Dorchester Town’s incident-packed 2-2 draw with Walton Casuals at the Clayson Arena.

Klaidi Lolos drew first blood for the Magpies in the seventh minute before Casuals were reduced to ten men following the dismissal of goalkeeper and captain Alex Tokarczyk early in the second half.

However, despite their numerical disadvantage, the visitors forged ahead through goals from James Ewington in the 73rd minute and Manolis Gogonas three minutes from time.

But Dorchester levelled through Neil Martin in the fifth minute of injury-time, his speculative 35-yard strike taking a huge deflection before beating defender Bradley Pearce, deputising between the sticks for Tokarczyk.

Breaking News