icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow accessibility icon account-off icon account-on icon arrow-left icon arrow-right icon attack icon chevron-down icon chevron-left icon chevron-right icon chevron-up icon Combined Shape Created with Sketch. cross icon defence icon icon_disallowed_goal email icon facebook icon giphy icon google icon instagram icon linkedin icon lock icon messenger icon padlock icon Svg Vector Icons : http://www.onlinewebfonts.com/icon Panel Created with Sketch. Pattern Created with Sketch. pinterest icon Icon_PlayButton Created with Sketch. plus-thin icon plus icon Created with Sketch. Created with Sketch. search icon soundcloud icon sub-in icon sub-out icon tweet icon twitter icon icon_user__out icon_user_out vimeo icon whatsapp icon icon_start_stop youtube icon

Club news

Loan Watch: Glover helps Shots sink Mariners


AFC Bournemouth AFC Bournemouth

Ryan Glover played a starring role as Aldershot Town picked up their first home National League win of the season thanks to a 2-1 victory over high-flying Grimsby Town.

Glover, who made his fifth appearance for Mark Molesley’s team, twice went close to scoring during the first half at the EBB Stadium.

He saw his near-post header from Lewis Kinsella’s corner deflected past the post before Tommy Willard opened the scoring for the hosts in the 12th minute.

However, their lead was short-lived as Harry Clifton headed past Shots goalkeeper Laurie Walker to restore parity just five minutes later.

Glover went close to putting them back in front when he met another Kinsella corner with a firm header, only to see his goalbound effort superbly tipped on to the crossbar by Mariners goalkeeper James McKeown.

New Milton-based referee Gary Parsons upset home fans when he chose to only book Grimsby’s Erico Sousa with Shots claiming he had kicked Kinsella while he was on the ground.

Aldershot regained the lead on the hour when Alfy Whittingham drilled an unstoppable shot past McKeown after a long throw from Alfie Saunders had been flicked on.

Glover was replaced by Jacob Berkeley-Agyepong 12 minutes from time and, although Grimsby pushed hard for a second equaliser, the hosts stood firm to climb a place to 21st in the table.


Jake Scrimshaw turned in another impressive display to help Scunthorpe United claim a 1-1 draw with Salford City at the Sands Venue Stadium.

Scrimshaw went close to adding to his tally of three goals for the Iron, the striker having netted in their midweek defeat by Doncaster in the Papa John’s Trophy.

The 21-year-old headed Mason O’Malley’s cross narrowly over the crossbar as Scunthorpe almost drew first blood against Salford in the 15th minute.

Scrimshaw saw another attempt blocked midway through the first half before Ryan Loft bundled the ball home from close range to give them a 37th-minute lead.

Myles Hippolyte crossed for Scrimshaw to again go close with another headed effort five minutes into the second half before the Iron had a goal ruled out for offside.

Former Scunthorpe loan player Conor McAleny fastened on to Matthew Lund’s pass and fired home the equaliser in the 59th minute.

Salford had two penalty appeals waved away in the second half, while Scunthorpe substitute Tom Pugh hit the inside of the post in the closing stages.

Scrimshaw, who made his 14th appearance for the Iron, was replaced by Aaron Jarvis nine minutes from time.


Euan Pollock held his nerve to score during a penalty shootout as Truro City progressed to the second round at the expense of Bognor Regis Town at Bolitho Park on Sunday.

Tyler Harvey’s first-half opener for the White Tigers was cancelled out by Jordy Mongoy’s stunning goal midway through the second half as the clash ended 1-1 after 90 minutes.

Southern Premier South outfit Truro and Bognor Regis, currently tenth in the Premier Division of the Isthmian League, both had chances to win the tie in normal time.

Striker Pollock, who replaced goalscorer Harvey in the 64th minute, took Truro’s second spot-kick in the shootout and beat Rocks goalkeeper Amadou Tangara to make it 2-1.

Will Dean, Shane White and Rocky Neal also dispatched their penalties, while Truro goalkeeper James Hamon saved from Nathan Odonkonyero and Kayne Deidrick-Roberts to ensure Paul Wotton’s men would go through.

And in Monday's draw, they were handed an away tie against Isthmian League South Central Division One outfit Binfield later this month.

Ryan Glover picture courtesy of Ian Morsman.

With thanks to sponsor UPN for their support.

Breaking News