icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow accessibility icon account-off icon account-on icon arrow-left icon arrow-right icon attack icon chevron-down icon chevron-left icon chevron-right icon chevron-up icon Combined Shape Created with Sketch. cross icon defence icon icon_disallowed_goal email icon facebook icon giphy icon google icon instagram icon linkedin icon lock icon messenger icon padlock icon Svg Vector Icons : http://www.onlinewebfonts.com/icon Panel Created with Sketch. Pattern Created with Sketch. pinterest icon Icon_PlayButton Created with Sketch. plus-thin icon plus icon Created with Sketch. Created with Sketch. search icon soundcloud icon sub-in icon sub-out icon tweet icon twitter icon icon_user__out icon_user_out vimeo icon whatsapp icon icon_start_stop youtube icon

Club news

Loan Watch: Frank helps Saddlers hold Boro boys


AFC Bournemouth AFC Bournemouth

Frank Vincent was in the thick of the action during Walsall’s eventful 1-1 draw with in-form League Two rivals Stevenage at the Lamex Stadium.

The Saddlers opened the scoring in the first minute when Caolan Lavery slid in to block a clearance from Stevenage goalkeeper Jamie Cumming, the ball cannoning off the striker and into the top corner of an unguarded net.

Vincent went close to doubling their lead when his right-foot shot from the left-hand side of the box was saved in the bottom corner by Jamie Cumming in the 17th minute.

A string of fine saves from Walsall goalkeeper Liam Roberts kept Stevenage at bay before the visitors were reduced to ten men when Liam Kinsella saw red for a challenge on Jack Aitchison 11 minutes into the second half.

Roberts was finally beaten when Elliott List fired home with a well-taken strike from the edge of the box 20 minutes from time.

In the closing stages, Dan Scarr fired over the crossbar following Vincent’s cross before the same player headed wide from the Cherries midfielder’s corner.

Jake Scrimshaw made his eighth appearance for Newport County in their 2-0 defeat by Forest Green Rovers at Rodney Parade on Sunday.

He was replaced by Padraig Amond in the 59th minute as the Exiles trailed to Charlton loan man Josh Davison’s opener on the stroke of half-time.

Former Newport striker Jamille Matt doubled Rovers’ lead from a second-half penalty as victory took them to within four points of leaders Cambridge United with three games in hand.

Kyle Taylor came off the bench in the closing stages of Southend United’s 1-0 defeat by Bolton Wanderers at Roots Hall.

Taylor replaced Jason Demetriou in the 86th minute, the midfielder entering the fray shortly after Shaun Miller had bagged the only goal of the game.

Substitute Miller pounced after Shrimpers goalkeeper Mark Oxley had made a hash of dealing with a looping ball into his six-yard box

Tyler Cordner was an unused substitute for Mark Molesley’s team who remained in 22nd place in the table, one point and one spot above the relegation zone.


Zeno Ibsen Rossi was an unused substitute as Aberdeen condemned Kilmarnock to an eighth successive league defeat at Pittodrie.

Aberdeen ended their six-game goal drought when striker Callum Hendry scored the only goal of the game after 21 minutes.


Brennan Camp played his part as Weymouth kept a clean sheet in their 0-0 draw with Solihull Moors – the team boasting the tallest outfield professional footballer in the UK.

Camp locked horns with 6ft 9in striker Kyle Hudlin, the 20-year-old having joined Moors from Midland League Division Two neighbours Solihull United in October.

And although Hudlin hit the crossbar with a first-half header, Camp and the Terras defence ensured neither he nor former Aberdeen striker Adam Rooney would break them down.

Andrew Dallas wasted a golden opportunity to put Brian Stock’s team ahead seven minutes after the break when he smashed a penalty against the crossbar, with the hosts claiming in vain that the ball had bounced down and crossed the line.

Joe Sbarra, who replaced Hudlin in the 51st minute, forced a brilliant clearance from Camp, the defender bravely heading behind for a corner under pressure from Callum Maycock.

Camp made his 17th appearance for Weymouth as a share of the points kept them in 20th place in the table.

An unfortunate own goal from Sam Sherring set the ball rolling for mid-table Halifax to record a 3-2 victory over leaders Torquay United at Plainmoor.

The Shaymen drew first blood in the 34th minute when the ball struck the retreating Sherring and cannoned into the back of the net after Gulls goalkeeper Shaun MacDonald had parried a cross by Jeff King.

King was both villain and hero for the visitors as he conceded two penalties, both converted by Asa Hall, as Torquay edged into a 2-1 lead with 19 minutes remaining.

But after Jack Earing had levelled in the 78th minute, King’s effort from the edge of the box won it for the visitors ten minutes later.

Torquay have a four-point lead over second-placed Sutton, having played three games more than their promotion rivals.

Dinesh Gillela looked on from the bench as Jon Nouble’s double fired Aldershot to a 3-0 win over Wrexham at the EBB Stadium.

Nouble put the Shots 2-0 in front before turning provider for Jermaine Anderson to add a third after 68 minutes as they ended Wrexham six-game unbeaten run.

Brennan Camp picture courtesy of Mark Probin.

With thanks to sponsor UPN for their support.

Breaking News