icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow accessibility icon account-off icon account-on icon arrow-left icon arrow-right icon attack icon chevron-down icon chevron-left icon chevron-right icon chevron-up icon Combined Shape Created with Sketch. cross icon defence icon icon_disallowed_goal email icon facebook icon giphy icon google icon instagram icon linkedin icon lock icon messenger icon padlock icon Svg Vector Icons : http://www.onlinewebfonts.com/icon Panel Created with Sketch. Pattern Created with Sketch. pinterest icon Icon_PlayButton Created with Sketch. plus-thin icon plus icon Created with Sketch. Created with Sketch. search icon soundcloud icon sub-in icon sub-out icon tweet icon twitter icon icon_user__out icon_user_out vimeo icon whatsapp icon icon_start_stop youtube icon

Club news

Loan watch: Daws plays key role in derby win


AFC Bournemouth AFC Bournemouth

Marcus Daws enjoyed an action-packed derby victory for Poole Town against Southern League Premier South rivals Wimborne Town before being replaced by Jack Seddon in a busy Easter weekend of football.

The AFC Bournemouth under-18 attacker bagged the equalising goal before the Dolphins went on to claim a 4-2 victory at J&B’s New Cuthbury. 

Poole’s victory over already-relegated Wimborne also saw Daws graze the crossbar with a free-kick from 30 yards.

Both sides were reduced to ten men in the Stour derby, with the Cherries loanee fouled to see the Magpies down a player. 

Fellow Cherry Seddon replaced Daws in the 90th minute and the other on-loan players at both clubs did not feature.

Those three points were preceded by another three on Saturday when Daws again started and Seddon came off the bench in a 3-0 win over Harrow Borough.

Elsewhere in the Southern League Premier Division, Jack Wadham played the full 90 minutes for Dorchester Town in their Easter Monday 1-0 defeat to Yate Town.

The Gloucestershire club left it late at Dorchester’s Avenue Stadium as Luke Hopper fired in a close-range finish on 87 minutes to claim three points.

Duo Owen Bevan and Matt Burgess both started in two Truro City outings, losing 4-1 to Hartley Witney on Saturday before a 4-0 defeat to Weston-super-Mare two days later.

The latter of the two fixtures saw three different scorers bag for the Seagulls, with James Dodd and Marlon Jackson bagging before a Dayle Grubb brace.


Christian Saydee made his 15th League One appearance of the season for Burton Albion on Good Friday.

The 19-year-old forward replaced Joe Powell in the final ten minutes during the Brewers’ goalless draw with Accrington Stanley at the Wham Stadium.


Ryan Glover netted the second goal in a quick-fire double for Aldershot Town on Good Friday to secure a 2-0 victory over Yeovil Town.

Introduced in the 58th minute, the Cherries loanee slammed in a Christian Oxlade-Chamberlain cut-back to add to Giles Phillips’ headed goal five minutes earlier.

Glover was then given his marching orders for a second yellow card in the 12th and final minute of injury time, meaning the forward was not involved on Monday.

Brennan Camp played 180 minutes of football for Eastleigh over the Easter weekend, with the Spitfires picking up one point in the process.

The point came in the second of the two outings through a 0-0 stalemate with Torquay United at Plainmoor.

Camp came a whisker away from an assist in Devon, as the Scotsman’s low cross for Danny Whitehall to finish beyond Shaun MacDonald was ruled out by an offside flag.

Ben Greenwood started twice in four days for Weymouth and kept one clean sheet as part of the Terras’ defence on Monday.

The clean sheet saw the 19-year-old and his loan side pick up a point in a goalless draw with Yeovil at the Bob Lucas Stadium.

Weymouth’s other Easter weekend fixture ended in a 2-0 loss away to Maidenhead United.

To complete a quadruple of loanees in action in the National League over the weekend, Connor Kurran-Browne twice started on the bench for King’s Lynn Town and came on in a 4-1 defeat to Notts County on Friday.


Luke Nippard played 90 minutes in an action-packed 3-0 defeat for Eastbourne Borough yesterday, with three of the Sports’ players given their marching orders against Havant & Waterlooville.

Referee Jack Packman brandished his red card first for James Vaughan, then Trent Mahorn before Chris Whelpdale made it a hat-trick with 23 minutes left to play and the scores at 0-0.

The resulting goals from Jake McCarthy and a brace from Manny Duku against the eight men of Eastbourne all came in the final ten minutes at the Draper Tools Community Stadium.

Photo credit: Ian Middlebrook

With thanks to UPN for their support.  


Breaking News