icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow accessibility icon account-off icon account-on icon arrow-left icon arrow-right icon attack icon chevron-down icon chevron-left icon chevron-right icon chevron-up icon Combined Shape Created with Sketch. cross icon defence icon icon_disallowed_goal email icon facebook icon giphy icon google icon instagram icon linkedin icon lock icon messenger icon padlock icon Svg Vector Icons : http://www.onlinewebfonts.com/icon Panel Created with Sketch. Pattern Created with Sketch. pinterest icon Icon_PlayButton Created with Sketch. plus-thin icon plus icon Created with Sketch. Created with Sketch. search icon soundcloud icon sub-in icon sub-out icon tweet icon twitter icon icon_user__out icon_user_out vimeo icon whatsapp icon icon_start_stop youtube icon

Club news

Loan Watch: Camp comes up trumps


AFC Bournemouth AFC Bournemouth

Brennan Camp’s heroic block proved crucial as Weymouth fought back to claim a share of the spoils from a 1-1 draw with Eastleigh at the Bob Lucas Stadium.

The Spitfires opened the scoring through former Christchurch defender Michael Green in the 11th minute, his goal coming after Eastleigh goalkeeper Joe McDonnell had thwarted Cody Cooke.

Weymouth, who drew 0-0 with Eastleigh on Boxing Day, dominated possession in the second half and were finally rewarded for their efforts 16 minutes from time.

Camp, who made his 13th appearance of the season for the Terras, threw himself into a tackle with Eastleigh’s leading goalscorer Ben House when he had looked destined to score.

And his timely intervention paid dividends as the Terras mounted a swift counter-attack which ended with Jordan Ngalo equalising for Brian Stock’s team.

Sam Sherring finished on the losing side for only the second time in the National League as leaders Torquay United suffered a shock 2-1 defeat against Yeovil Town at Huish Park.

Sherring had been on the scoresheet just seven days previously when the Gulls recorded an emphatic 6-1 win over the Glovers at Plainmoor.

Gary Johnson’s team, facing his former club, looked on course for another victory when Aaron Nemane fired them ahead just after half-time.

However, after Josh Neufville had levelled three minutes from time, Luke Wilkinson struck the decisive blow in the dying seconds.


Tyler Cordner was involved as Scunthorpe twice went close to levelling before they went down 3-1 at the hands of fellow strugglers Stevenage.

Devarn Green drew first blood for the Iron at the Lamex Stadium, only for Charlie Carter’s quickfire double to give the hosts the interval lead.

Cordner teed up Ryan Loft for an effort which flashed past the post before the defender’s header three minutes from time was blocked.

Substitute Aramide Oteh completed the scoring in added time as Stevenage climbed out of the drop zone.

Jake Scrimshaw came off the bench to make his 16th appearance for Walsall but was powerless to stop them slipping to a 2-0 defeat against Carlisle United.

Scrimshaw replaced Alfie Bates in the 61st minute and as the Saddlers trailed 1-0 to Omari Patrick’s 26th-minute opener at the Banks’s Stadium.

Josh Kayode’s goal 12 minutes from time condemned the hosts to a third straight defeat as victory took the Cumbrians to the top of the table.

Picture credit: Mark Probin

With thanks to sponsor UPN for their support.

Breaking News