icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow accessibility icon account-off icon account-on icon arrow-left icon arrow-right icon attack icon chevron-down icon chevron-left icon chevron-right icon chevron-up icon Combined Shape Created with Sketch. cross icon defence icon icon_disallowed_goal email icon facebook icon giphy icon google icon instagram icon linkedin icon lock icon messenger icon padlock icon Svg Vector Icons : http://www.onlinewebfonts.com/icon Panel Created with Sketch. Pattern Created with Sketch. pinterest icon Icon_PlayButton Created with Sketch. plus-thin icon plus icon Created with Sketch. Created with Sketch. search icon soundcloud icon sub-in icon sub-out icon tweet icon twitter icon icon_user__out icon_user_out vimeo icon whatsapp icon icon_start_stop youtube icon

Club news

Loan watch: Billy is Magpies' FA Cup hero


AFC Bournemouth AFC Bournemouth

Teenage goalkeeper Billy Terrell was the hero as Wimborne Town edged a step closer to the first round of the FA Cup following a dramatic penalty shootout victory over Maidstone United.

Terrell saved no fewer than three spot-kicks – including one in normal time – as the Magpies progressed to the fourth qualifying round for the first time since 1986.

The stopper, who only turned 17 at the end of August, also made a string of impressive saves during the 90 minutes to thwart the National South outfit on a night of high drama at Cuthbury.

Terrell, who is on a work experience loan with Southern League South Wimborne, kept out penalties from George Elokobi and Joe Ellul as the Magpies seized the initiative in the shootout.

And after Dominic Odusanya had hit the post for the visitors, Luke Holmes netted to earn them a 3-1 triumph on penalties after the tie had ended at 2-2 in normal time.

Terrell’s exploits saw him deservedly named man of the match, the youngster also clawing away Scott Rendell’s penalty to prevent the Stones forging 3-1 ahead in the 62nd minute.

Ex-Cherries player Charlie Seaman netted both goals for the visitors, his double sandwiching a rasping strike from Charlie Gunson in the 38th minute.

And after Terrell had kept the Stones at bay with a number of top-drawer saves, Gunson popped up with an equaliser with virtually the last kick of the 90 minutes.


Sam Sherring got another 90 minutes under his belt as Torquay United climbed to fifth place following a last-gasp 2-1 win over Chesterfield at Plainmoor.

Former Cherries midfielder Ben Whitfield starred for the Gulls and he set up Louis Britton for their tenth-minute opener.

Whitfield twice went close to doubling their lead before Chesterfield levelled just before half-time through Tom Denton.

However, Gary Johnson’s team bagged their third stoppage-time goal of the season when substitute Asa Hall headed home a Jake Andrews corner four minutes into added time.

Brennan Camp and Corey Jordan both started as Weymouth suffered a narrow 1-0 defeat against Barnet at the Hive.

The Terras dominated for long periods in the first half but reached the break trailing to Wesley Fonguck’s goal on the stroke of half-time.

Camp played the full 90 minutes while fellow defender Jordan was replaced by Cameron Murray 16 minutes from time.

Picture courtesy of Wimborne Town FC.

Breaking News