icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow accessibility icon account-off icon account-on icon arrow-left icon arrow-right icon attack icon chevron-down icon chevron-left icon chevron-right icon chevron-up icon Combined Shape Created with Sketch. cross icon defence icon icon_disallowed_goal email icon facebook icon giphy icon google icon instagram icon linkedin icon lock icon messenger icon padlock icon Svg Vector Icons : http://www.onlinewebfonts.com/icon Panel Created with Sketch. Pattern Created with Sketch. pinterest icon Icon_PlayButton Created with Sketch. plus-thin icon plus icon Created with Sketch. Created with Sketch. search icon soundcloud icon sub-in icon sub-out icon tweet icon twitter icon icon_user__out icon_user_out vimeo icon whatsapp icon icon_start_stop youtube icon

Sign In

Register using your Facebook, Gmail or Twitter account.
Sign in
Forgotten your password?

Eastleigh vs AFC Bournemouth U21s at Stadion.Core.ViewModels.Matchday.LocationViewModel




AFC Bournemouth U21s

, Kyle Taylor 42 , Keelan O'Connell 64
FT 30th January 2018 7:00 PM
Silverlake Stadium

Professional display secures semi-final spot

AFC Bournemouth AFC Bournemouth


AFC Bournemouth under-21s secured passage to the semi-final of the Hampshire Senior Cup with a professional 2-0 win over Conference Premier side Eastleigh.

A pair of good finishes separated the sides as Kyle Taylor and Keelan O'Connell both netted to secure the victory - with Brad Smith also completing 90 minutes.

The Cherries started brightly and had a number of good opportunities, but the first save was made by Mark Travers - keeping out a Spitfires header from a set play.

But a clever set play handed the visitors the advantage three minutes before the break, with Taylor picking the ball up in the area, before expertly deceiving the defender and goalkeeper by curling a low effort in at the near post.

That lovely finish rounded off the first half, with the Cherries beginning the second with a real purpose to get the second.

Much to Carl Fletcher's delight, the second goal came after the hour mark and killed the game.

Mikael Ndjoli robbed the ball from an Eastleigh defender and fed O'Connell in the area, he was at a slight angle but a precise finish with his left foot nestled perfectly into the bottom right corner.

The winger's strike was enough to kill the game and in an uneventful final 25 minutes, the Cherries completed a professional job to make their way into the semi-finals of the Hampshire Senior Cup.

Breaking News