icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow accessibility icon account-off icon account-on icon arrow-left icon arrow-right icon attack icon chevron-down icon chevron-left icon chevron-right icon chevron-up icon Combined Shape Created with Sketch. cross icon defence icon icon_disallowed_goal email icon facebook icon giphy icon google icon instagram icon linkedin icon lock icon messenger icon padlock icon Svg Vector Icons : http://www.onlinewebfonts.com/icon Panel Created with Sketch. Pattern Created with Sketch. pinterest icon Icon_PlayButton Created with Sketch. plus-thin icon plus icon Created with Sketch. Created with Sketch. search icon soundcloud icon sub-in icon sub-out icon tweet icon twitter icon icon_user__out icon_user_out vimeo icon whatsapp icon icon_start_stop youtube icon

Watford U18s vs AFC Bournemouth U18s at Stadion.Core.ViewModels.Matchday.LocationViewModel


Watford U18s


AFC Bournemouth U18s

, Adu-Adjei 15 , Winterburn 31
FT 9th October 2021 11:00 AM
Stats Sponsored by Strategic Solutions

U18s pegged back in Watford thriller

AFC Bournemouth AFC Bournemouth


The under-18s roared into a two-goal lead but had to settle for a 2-2 draw in a friendly away at Watford on Saturday. 

The Cherries dominated the first half and created numerous openings, taking the lead 15 minutes in after Daniel Adu-Adjei had pressured the goalkeeper to get his rewards.

On the half hour Ben Winterburn finished into the bottom corner for the away side's second, profiting from an Adu-Adjei backheel.

Watford were indebted to their 'keeper for a string of saves to keep the Hornets in the game, before the friendly turned on its head in the second half.

The hosts grew into the game after the restart, made chances and were on the scoresheet with 65 minutes gone when they converted a penalty, scored past Noah Crisp - the Cherries' under-16s 'keeper who played his first appearance for the youth team.

Crisp then made a good reflex save to his side ahead, only for Watford to later level through a scrappy goal from a corner with ten minutes remaining.

Adu-Adjei then had a good chance from a cross late on in a game that could have gone either way in the closing stages.

Speaking to afcb.co.uk after the match, manager Alan Connell said: "I was delighted with the first-half performance, it was everything that I'd want to see in a Bournemouth performance.

"In possession we dominated the ball and created chances and we were athletic and dynamic with regards to our movement and created chances.

"My only disappointment in the opening 45 was that we should have scored more than the two we did; out of possession we were aggressive and quick to read situations.

"In the second half, once we didn't get that killer third goal that gave Watford a sniff and they got a foothold in the game and started to create things.

"In those difficult moments we've got to find a way to hang on in there and not concede, which unfortunately we did and that put us on the backfoot.

"The second goal was disappointing and it showed that it was definitely a game of two halves.

"There were plenty of lessons to be learned and credit to Watford for their second-half performance, overall it was a really good game of football which I thoroughly enjoyed."

Breaking News