icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow accessibility icon account-off icon account-on icon arrow-left icon arrow-right icon attack icon chevron-down icon chevron-left icon chevron-right icon chevron-up icon Combined Shape Created with Sketch. cross icon defence icon icon_disallowed_goal email icon facebook icon giphy icon google icon instagram icon linkedin icon lock icon messenger icon padlock icon Svg Vector Icons : http://www.onlinewebfonts.com/icon Panel Created with Sketch. Pattern Created with Sketch. pinterest icon Icon_PlayButton Created with Sketch. plus-thin icon plus icon Created with Sketch. Created with Sketch. search icon soundcloud icon sub-in icon sub-out icon tweet icon twitter icon icon_user__out icon_user_out vimeo icon whatsapp icon icon_start_stop youtube icon

AFC Bournemouth U18s vs Plymouth Argyle U18s at Stadion.Core.ViewModels.Matchday.LocationViewModel


AFC Bournemouth U18s

, Burgess 26 , Pollock 56

Plymouth Argyle U18s

, Crocker 63' 87
FT 25th November 2020 1:00 PM
Canford Arena
Stats Sponsored by Strategic Solutions

U18s pegged back by Pilgrims

AFC Bournemouth AFC Bournemouth


The Cherries under-18s took a two-goal lead but couldn't hold on as they drew 2-2 with Plymouth Argyle.

Matt Burgess opened the scoring just past the midway point of the first half with a true low finish, a lead deservedly seen through to the interval.

Euan Pollock doubled the lead after scoring from his own rebounded penalty ten minutes into the second half, though the Pilgrims soon had a spot kick of their own converted by Scott Crocker.

The away tide couldn't be stemmed and Crocker stole in to scramble home a late leveller as the match finished level in the EFL Youth Alliance.

The match had been postponed ten days previously due to the weather, with Abdi Mohamed back in the starting line up for the rearranged game at Canford Arena following injury.

After nicking possession on the edge of the box, Marcus Daws played into Pollock, but with the striker looking to get the ball onto his stronger foot, the chance fizzled out.

Daws showed a trick on the byline, beating his man and centring virtually along the goal line, Ajani Burchall rushing in but unable to get there and force the ball home.

Jake Adams sent a free-kick just wide as the Cherries’ pressure began to grow, home ‘keeper Billy Terrell gathering a 20-yard shot for his first save 15 minutes in.

Burchall made progress down the right, his low ball nearly met by the sliding Pollock, Daws soon slicing wide, though the opening goal was not far away.

Burgess won the ball and smartly stepped past two Plymouth defenders, opening room for a powerfully-drilled effort that found the bottom corner.

Pollock fired over from an angle, the Cherries a goal to the good as the half-time whistle blew.

After a period of Argyle pressure to start the second half Pollock saw a shot blocked behind for a corner, Burchall soon testing ‘keeper Tyler Coombes' handling with a low effort.

Pollock was upended in the box and stepped up himself to take the penalty. His spot kick was saved but the striker was quick to react and calmly put home the rebound.

The two-goal lead didn’t last for long, however. Plymouth scored their first of the game through Crocker after a home handball allowed them to open their account from the penalty spot.

Pollock fed Adams in the area, his shot just evading Aaron Roberts at the back post.

Terrell saved from point-blank range to keep the Cherries’ lead intact, Plymouth looking for an equaliser in the closing stages.

The visitors were level in the 87th minute, the pressure telling as players converged to bundle the ball home, Crocker getting the final touch.

Late on Tarik Gidaree burst down the right, the Cherries looking for a winner, his cross picked out Daws, but the winger could only swift his shot over the bar with the last action of the game.

Breaking News