icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow accessibility icon account-off icon account-on icon arrow-left icon arrow-right icon attack icon chevron-down icon chevron-left icon chevron-right icon chevron-up icon Combined Shape Created with Sketch. cross icon defence icon icon_disallowed_goal email icon facebook icon giphy icon google icon instagram icon linkedin icon lock icon messenger icon padlock icon Svg Vector Icons : http://www.onlinewebfonts.com/icon Panel Created with Sketch. Pattern Created with Sketch. pinterest icon Icon_PlayButton Created with Sketch. plus-thin icon plus icon Created with Sketch. Created with Sketch. search icon soundcloud icon sub-in icon sub-out icon tweet icon twitter icon icon_user__out icon_user_out vimeo icon whatsapp icon icon_start_stop youtube icon

Plymouth Argyle U18s vs AFC Bournemouth U18s at Stadion.Core.ViewModels.Matchday.LocationViewModel


Plymouth Argyle U18s


AFC Bournemouth U18s

, Oliver , Genesini
FT 29th October 2019 1:00 PM
Stats Sponsored by Strategic Solutions

Ten-men Cherries suffer league defeat

AFC Bournemouth AFC Bournemouth


The AFC Bournemouth youth team were on the wrong end of the score line after being beaten 4-2 by Plymouth Argyle in Devon.

Despite taking the lead twice through James Oliver and Brooklyn Genesini, the hosts twice levelled the game and went on to score two second-half goals to take the three points.

The fixture started in exciting fashion with the Cherries taking the lead within the first minute of the game. Oliver picked up the ball on the edge of the box and curled an effort into the bottom left corner to open the scoring.

However, just a minute later Plymouth equalised when a loose cross into the box fell the way of frontman Rhys Shirley who headed home from close range.

The Cherries regained the lead in the 31st minute from the penalty spot. Brooklyn Genesini sent a cross into the box where Euan Pollock was pushed in the back, the referee pointing straight to the spot.

Genesini took the spot-kick and converted it into the top right corner.

However, Plymouth equalised once again soon after. It took just six minutes to even the score with left-back Isaac Burdon drilling a shot into the bottom left corner from 25 yards.

The two sides went into the break level at 2-2 but it wasn't long after the restart that the hosts took the lead.

In the 46th minute Plymouth won a corner and Jarvis Cleal took it. With a bit of help from the wind his set-piece flew over 'keeper Billy Terrell and into the back of the net.

The game quietened down for 20 minutes with little goal-mouth action. However, manager Alan Connell made three changes, bringing on Jack Seddon, Khavern Williams and James Adams in place of Oliver, Aaron Roberts and Luke Gray.

Skipper Harvey Bertrand picked a yellow card up in the 53rd minute after a late challenge took out his man.

Substitute Adams almost brought the Cherries level in the 72nd minute after some skill in the box created a chance to shoot from close range but his effort was lashed into the side netting.

The situation got worse for Bournemouth minutes later when Bertrand picked up his second yellow card for holding back Rubin Wilson and the visiting captain was given his marching orders.

With the Cherries down to ten men the defence was stretched as they pushed for an equalising goal.

As a result they were punished when Shirley played through Jude Boyd who sprinted on to the ball and slotted into the bottom left corner extending the lead for Plymouth and wrapping up the points for the Pilgrims.

Breaking News