icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow accessibility icon account-off icon account-on icon arrow-left icon arrow-right icon attack icon chevron-down icon chevron-left icon chevron-right icon chevron-up icon Combined Shape Created with Sketch. cross icon defence icon icon_disallowed_goal email icon facebook icon giphy icon google icon instagram icon linkedin icon lock icon messenger icon padlock icon Svg Vector Icons : http://www.onlinewebfonts.com/icon Panel Created with Sketch. Pattern Created with Sketch. pinterest icon Icon_PlayButton Created with Sketch. plus-thin icon plus icon Created with Sketch. Created with Sketch. search icon soundcloud icon sub-in icon sub-out icon tweet icon twitter icon icon_user__out icon_user_out vimeo icon whatsapp icon icon_start_stop youtube icon

AFC Bournemouth vs Huddersfield Town at Stadion.Core.ViewModels.Matchday.LocationViewModel


AFC Bournemouth

, Callum Wilson ‘26' , Callum Wilson ‘31' , Harry Arter ‘70' , Callum Wilson ‘84'

Huddersfield Town

FT 18th November 2017 3:00 PM
Vitality Stadium
Stats Sponsored by MSP Capital

Wilson treble fires ten-man Cherries to win

AFC Bournemouth AFC Bournemouth

Lee Probert

Callum Wilson netted a stunning treble at Vitality Stadium as AFC Bournemouth won 4-0 against Huddersfield Town.

Wilson got the goalscoring started with a neat first-half header from a corner, soon doubling his and the team's tally with a confident volley.

Simon Francis was sent off for a second yellow card before the interval, but the Cherries managed to retain their solidity.

Indeed, the two second half goals were also Bournemouth's as Harry Arter and then Wilson again rubber-stamped back-to-back Premier League wins and clean sheets for the Cherries. 

The Cherries were unchanged from their winning line-up against Newcastle United a fortnight previously, and kicked-off in calm but cloudy Dorset conditions.

Huddersfield settled first and eight minutes in Asmir Begovic needed to save smartly from Rajiv van La Parra, who had fired in low from the edge of the box after for Scott Malone's cross had caused panic.

The Terriers then went closer still when former Cherries man Malone burst between two men into the box but stabbed his shot wide of the far post.

Van La Parra beat men to get a shot away and win Town a corner, but quickly cleared Marc Pugh set Callum Wilson into space. His centre was directed towards Joshua King awaiting a tap in but was cut out.

The Cherries improving, King showed strength to fend off Mathias Jorgensen in the box, turning the Town defender and firing in low for Wilson, but the striker's marker just managed to get there first.

The match found its opener and it was the Cherries who scored it after 26 minutes. 

In similar fashion as with the winner at St. James' Park it was a swung in corner, this time from Jordon Ibe, that caused the danger. Wilson it was who snuck between men to bury his four-yard header past Jonas Lossl.

The lead was soon doubled and it was Wilson again deliciously finding the back of the net.

After Pugh had been fouled on the left touchline, Andrew Surman delivered a glorious swinging centre between defence and 'keeper and Wilson swished a finish brimming with confidence into the bottom corner.

The hosts buzzing, Surman ran onto Charlie Daniels' pull back and Lossl needed to palm over.

Adam Smith was brought on for an injured Ibe before the break and the game took a further turn on the stroke of half time when the Cherries were reduced to ten men.

A short ball gave Francis a difficult ball to try and reach, and after Van La Parra had got there first the referee had little choice but to give the Bournemouth captain second yellow card. 

There was little doubting Huddersfield's intentions after the interval, replacing a centre-back with a striker ready for the restart.

The Terriers were tigerish coming out, pressing high and playing with the energy they've brought with them to the Premier League.  

The temperature was rising rapidly at Vitality, Pugh cautioned for dissent while Harry Arter spiralled to the floor under a robust challenge.

The match was becoming a game of attack versus defence. Huddersfield were penning the Cherries back but the hosts giving them little space for clear-cut opportunities and the game entered its final quarter. 

However, the game's third goal came the way of the Cherries as Arter bagged his first of the season.

As the visitors looked to bring the ball out of defence Arter pounced, stepping inside Mooy and firing home a rifled low finish from 18 yards. 

Huddersfield return to the offensive but there were raised eyebrows in the home end after Wilson broke free of Florent Hadergjonaj in attack and seemed to have his heels clipped, with referee Lee Probert waving play on. 

Wilson's hat-trick was confirmed moment later, however, and the Cherries had four.

King was set away and after some good close control squared for Wilson to finish crisply from just inside the area, the striker clutching his rebounding match ball as he wheeled away in celebration.

A flowing late move from the hosts almost resulted in a fifth but after Wilson had squared substitute Dan Gosling was unable to reach and poke the ball home.

Town hadn't given up on getting a goal back late on but there was no way past Nathan Ake and Steve Cook, outstanding in the home defence, as the three points were confirmed. 

Breaking News