icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow accessibility icon account-off icon account-on icon arrow-left icon arrow-right icon attack icon chevron-down icon chevron-left icon chevron-right icon chevron-up icon Combined Shape Created with Sketch. cross icon defence icon icon_disallowed_goal email icon facebook icon giphy icon google icon instagram icon linkedin icon lock icon messenger icon padlock icon Svg Vector Icons : http://www.onlinewebfonts.com/icon Panel Created with Sketch. Pattern Created with Sketch. pinterest icon Icon_PlayButton Created with Sketch. plus-thin icon plus icon Created with Sketch. Created with Sketch. search icon soundcloud icon sub-in icon sub-out icon tweet icon twitter icon icon_user__out icon_user_out vimeo icon whatsapp icon icon_start_stop youtube icon

AFC Bournemouth vs West Ham United at Stadion.Core.ViewModels.Matchday.LocationViewModel


AFC Bournemouth

, Joshua King ‘31' , Joshua King ‘48' , Joshua King ‘90'

West Ham United

, Michail Antonio ‘10' , André Ayew ‘83'
FT 11th March 2017 3:00 PM
Vitality Stadium

Report: AFC Bournemouth 3-2 West Ham United

AFC Bournemouth AFC Bournemouth

Robert Madley

A last-gasp winner from Joshua King sees AFC Bournemouth record their first win of the year.

A lightening start to the game saw King miss a penalty for Bournemouth moments before Michail Antonio gave West Ham the lead.

King levelled after an exquisite touch and finish, with the half ending with another Cherries penalty miss, this time from Benik Afobe.

Minutes into the second period and King scored again, sweeping home in the area, before in the final ten minutes Andre Ayew equalised from the bench.

The scoring wasn't finished however, and with the clock ticking into added on time King struck again from eight yards to confirm the Cherries' first win of 2017.

There were two changes in the Bournemouth line up from last Saturday at Old Trafford. The suspended duo of Andrew Surman and Tyrone Mings were replaced by Dan Gosling and Simon Francis, the latter starting at centre-back and with the captain's armband.

The hosts raced out of the traps with Afobe and then King both getting in good crosses that couldn't quite find team-mates.

Marc Pugh then tricked his way into space on the left and delivered a telling ball, but one which Afobe was only able to head wide.

Eight minutes in and the pressure told on the West Ham back line; Sofiane Feghouli dragging back Charlie Daniels in the area and referee Bobby Madley pointing at the spot.

King stepped up confidently and sent Hammers 'keeper Darren Randolph the wrong way, but his shot fizzed a foot wide of the right-hand post.

Within a minute of the missed penalty West Ham had the lead through Antonio.

Harry Arter's ball close to the edge of his own area was cut out by Feghouli whose ball found Antonio, the attacker spinning quickly and finishing with precision to give the away side the advantage.

The Cherries were soon back on the attack, Daniels' vicious ball across goal not quite reached by the diving King. At the other end Antonio's low drive passed only narrowly wide of Artur Boruc's far post.

Soon the visitors were displaying their attacking talent and Manuel Lanzini should have done better with a shot from eight yards after Antonio had teed him up.

Ryan Fraser tested Randolph with a 25-yard bouncer and from the resulting corner the West Ham 'keeper again did well, this time reaching to tip Steve Cook's header over the bar.

The pressure told on the half hour as King made amends for his spot kick miss with a fantastic leveller.

Fraser's ball in found its way to King via Afobe's touch and the Norwegian deftly lobbed the ball over Jose Fonte's challenge before finishing clinically on the half volley.

In the 37th minute the Cherries won a second penalty and unbelievably the chance was once again missed, this time by Afobe.

The striker's run up was leisurely and so was his low finish, comfortably saved by Randolph down to his right.

Looking to capitalise on another let off Feghouli forced a good save from Boruc, the Pole saving the powerful 12-yard effort with his feet as an electric half finished level.

There was little let up in pace to start the second period and the hosts were soon in front for the first time.

A free kick from the right was flicked onto Afobe's midriff and rebounded to King, the striker doubling his tally with a cool and quickly-taken swept finish.

Fraser may have thought his name was heading towards the score sheet as he saw his low shot deflect up and loop goalwards, but Randolph scrambled to catch.

The away side were coming forwards with increasing intent but after Gosling had won the ball back Afobe twisted his way into a good chance scuffing low with a shot, saved by Randolph.

Antonio forced Boruc into a diving save with a shot from the edge of the area, while Afobe again came close as he headed Adam Smith's cross onto the roof of the net.

In contrast to the first half it was West Ham dominating possession and the Cherries looking to break, and the pressure showed on the scoreboard as substitute Ayew equalised.

Sam Byram was found with a through ball and the full-back found his fellow replacement Ayew in the area to roll the ball home.

Arter shot wide from distance and after withstanding some Hammers pressure King sealed his hat-trick in dramatic fashion with a last-minute winner.

Substitute Jack Wilshere passed through for Pugh, the winger's low ball blocked only into the path on King who slammed home from close range.

Five minutes of injury time were seen out in front of jubilant home supporters as the Cherries claimed their helter-skelter victory.

Breaking News